If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardie offer - Tuesday November 2nd

Options
  • 01-11-2010 6:52pm
    Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Boardies,

I'll pop a bin end clearance offer up here tomorrow, Tuesday, for about 15-20 assorted pieces of Onkyo AV & Hi-Fi Kit.

It includes Brand New Boxed and ex- display kit - The models are:

Onkyo A9155 Amplifier
    Onkyo BD SP308 Blu-Ray DVD Player
    Onkyo BD SP807 Blu- Ray Player (really nice bit of kit!)
    Onkyo CR435 Micro system
    Onkyo CS-5VL CD Player
    Onkyo DX7355 CD Player
    Onkyo DVPS406 DVD Player
    Onkyo TX-NR707 AV Receiver
    Onkyo UD-DT1 - DAB/DAB+ Dongle for 7 Series receivers...

....Keep your eyes out - as ever it will be 1st come 1st served!

Thanks as ever,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Guys here come some pricing and web links for you to have a drool over.

Again please note that these are BOARDIE ONLY special prices and normal pricing prevails instore!

Onkyo A9155 Amplifier - http://www.eu.onkyo.com/products/product_en_5341303.html http://www.richersounds.com/product/amplifiers-receivers/onkyo/a9155/onky-a9155-blk Was £199.95 - One ex-display remaining at £119.95 - Full 2 year warranty applies.

Onkyo BD SP308 Blu-Ray DVD Player http://www.richersounds.com/product/blu-ray/onkyo/bdsp308/onky-bdsp308-blk Was £199.95 - Two left to clear at just £169.95 for the brand new boxed unit and £159.95 for the ex-display unit (please note BNIB unit has to sell 1st!)

Onkyo BD SP807 Blu- Ray Player (really nice bit of kit!) http://www.eu.onkyo.com/products/BD-SP807.html Really serious £600 Blu-Ray DVD - I have two at 1/2 price £299.95

Onkyo CR435 Micro system - http://www.richersounds.com/product/mini-hifi-systems/onkyo/cr435/onky-cr435-blk - CD/AMp/FM & Dab Tuner all on board - Last ex-display one to clear at £89.95

Onkyo CS-5VL CD Player - http://www.richersounds.com/product/cd-players-recorders-dacs-cassette-decks/onkyo/c-s5vl/onky-cs5vl-blk - Really well built CD Player - did retail at £349.95 - less than 1/2 price now at £169.95 each

Onkyo DX7355 CD Player http://www.richersounds.com/product/cd-players-recorders-dacs-cassette-decks/onkyo/dx7355/onky-dx7355-blk - Great little Cd player - was £199.95 - just one display unit left to clear at 1/2 price £99.95

Onkyo DVPS406 DVD Player http://www.richersounds.com/product/dvd-players/onkyo/dvsp406/onky-dvsp406-blk - Classy little number - DVD Player at just £49.95 - two in stock to clear including one on display

Onkyo TX-NR707 AV Receiver - http://www.intl.onkyo.com/products/av_components/av_receivers/tx-sr707/index.html - 7.2 Channel AV receiver - WITH EVERYTHING - Ex-Display - Was £699.95 - Last one to clear with full Onkyo 2 Year Warranty at £299.95

Onkyo UD-DT1 - Universal Port DAB/DAB+ Dongle for '07 Series receivers... http://www.eu.onkyo.com/products/UP-DT1.html Several in stock - Reduced from £129.95 to £99.95 - Essential add-on for any Onkyo AV receiver Owner!

As ever all of the above are available to the first poster on this thread - if you are interested in one, to be fair to everyone - PLEASE POST HERE in the 1st instance - I'll hold these prices until the end of this week - Sat 6th - but when they are gone - they are gone..

Thanks as ever guys,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

(PS I'll do Bin- ends from another manufacturer tomorrow - and it will be interesting....;))

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 12 liquidbob

HI John,

For the NR707 , when you say 'with Everything' - what does that mean? I'm no AV expert.

What condition is it in? Any nicks etc.?

Cheers,
    Rob.

liquidbob wrote: »
    HI John,

For the NR707 , when you say 'with Everything' - what does that mean? I'm no AV expert.

What condition is it in? Any nicks etc.?

Cheers,
    Rob.

rob,

apologies was being way too casual!

What I actually meant was that it is a really full featured receiver - (as you will have seen from the spec) regarding condition - it has been on display, it's a black one but it is in excellent nick with all its accessories present & correct...

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

HI John,

Sounds good , please keep the Nr707 for me please. What will it cost to have delivered to Dublin? Also full price in Euros.

I can collect if need be but would prefer delivery if price is reasonable.

Will be back on boards tomorrow , will pm you then to arrange payment etc.

Cheers,
    Rob.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

Was gonna take the NR707 after all my Pioneer talk and all John! I guess it was worth liquidbob's while joining boards.ie today! :)

I'll go next in line for the NR707 plus an Onkyo iPod dock if it remains available. Thanks.

• Advertisement

Sorry Coolmoose , A friend suggested I look here when he heard I was looking at receivers , He's bought a lot of gear from Richersounds and recommended them highly.

But yea , very productive first post on boards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Is there any surround sound speakers that you could recommend to go with (& complement) the Blu-Ray BD SP807 here?

What is the very best price on the player & SS system?

Two questions on the player, does it facilitate any recording? I dont see any mention but I was kinda hoping the external SD slot would accomodate it.

Also, does it facilitate playing downloaded (torrent etc) videos, say DivX from the SD slot? That is, copy downloaded file to SD card and play from there. the spec just mentions DivX® HD-encoded discs and only mentions "SD card slot lets you play back downloaded web content or stills and video from a digital camera" which, while useful, would be very much enhanced by using it to play films etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 stilt

Hi John,

I'm interested in the DX7355. Has it had much wear and tear?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Steekers

Hi John,

I'm interested in Onkyo BD SP807 Blu- Ray Player (really nice bit of kit!) http://www.eu.onkyo.com/products/BD-SP807.html Really serious £600 Blu-Ray DVD - I have two at 1/2 price £299.95

How much for delivery to Athy?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Steekers

Steekers wrote: »
    Hi John,

I'm interested in Onkyo BD SP807 Blu- Ray Player (really nice bit of kit!) http://www.eu.onkyo.com/products/BD-SP807.html Really serious £600 Blu-Ray DVD - I have two at 1/2 price £299.95

Any update guys?

• Advertisement

dixiefly wrote: »
    Is there any surround sound speakers that you could recommend to go with (& complement) the Blu-Ray BD SP807 here?

What is the very best price on the player & SS system?

Two questions on the player, does it facilitate any recording? I dont see any mention but I was kinda hoping the external SD slot would accomodate it.

Also, does it facilitate playing downloaded (torrent etc) videos, say DivX from the SD slot? That is, copy downloaded file to SD card and play from there. the spec just mentions DivX® HD-encoded discs and only mentions "SD card slot lets you play back downloaded web content or stills and video from a digital camera" which, while useful, would be very much enhanced by using it to play films etc.

Dixie,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you - I have been checking out your queries and yes the SD card does play back DivX however it's not a recording slot - here is a link to a full copy of the manual for your info. The max Divx file size playable is 32GB (should be ok for most things!)

http://www.eu.onkyo.com/dl/1463022/Manual_BD-SP807_English.pdf

Keep me posted if we can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Steekers wrote: »
    Hi John,

Steekers,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - delivery to Athy would be just £11.99 - so the total price would be just £311.94 / €369.99.

Apologies again for the delay and as ever just drop me a line if I can assist in any way or if you would like me to get that unit reserved for you,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

stilt wrote: »
    Hi John,

I'm interested in the DX7355. Has it had much wear and tear?

Thanks!

Stilt,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - the DX7355 is in good condition - it's an ex-display unit in black and there are a couple of small marks and one scratch on the top cover - we don't even power up our display units so it's unlikely that it has ever even been switched on!

Keep me posted if we can assist or if you would like us to reserve this unit for you?

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Stilt,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - the DX7355 is in good condition - it's an ex-display unit in black and there are a couple of small marks and one scratch on the top cover - we don't even power up our display units so it's unlikely that it has ever even been switched on!

Keep me posted if we can assist or if you would like us to reserve this unit for you?

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Excellent, sounds good. Reckon it would be a good match with my Rotel RA-04 SE and the Monitor BR2s I got from you a few months back?

Thanks!

Dixie,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you - I have been checking out your queries and yes the SD card does play back DivX however it's not a recording slot - here is a link to a full copy of the manual for your info. The max Divx file size playable is 32GB (should be ok for most things!)

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks John for the response, I will check out the specs a bit more.

Dixie,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Also John, is there a surround sound system that you could recommend to go with this? Would an AV Receiver or Amp be needed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Dixie.

There are lot of options on the A/V system front.

To match up with a high end blu ray like that, you would be looking at an A/V receiver and a speaker package.

The matching receiver for your bluray is the Onkyo TXNR808 which is currently £999.95 and you'd be looking at a higher end speaker package to match like the Monitor Audio RX1 AV pack. (£1750)

We can work you out a system price on this if you like the look of it and if you've manager to pick yourself up off the floor, there are of course, lots of other systems available at various different prices.

I hope this helps but if you would like a recommendation other than the one above, just drop me a line.

ATB

Dave

Hi Dixie.

To match up with a high end blu ray like that, you would be looking at an A/V receiver and a speaker package.

The matching receiver for your bluray is the Onkyo TXNR808 which is currently £999.95 and you'd be looking at a higher end speaker package to match like the Monitor Audio RX1 AV pack. (£1750)
    We can work you out a system price on this if you like the look of it and if you've manager to pick yourself up off the floor, there are of course, lots of other systems available at various different prices.

I hope this helps but if you would like a recommendation other than the one above, just drop me a line.

ATB

Dave

Hi Dave,
    Out of my league unfortunately. I understand that they are equivalent quality but are way beyond what I can afford.

I'll have a look again at the various offers...I have an older DVD player so not really in a rush but liked the look of that Blu-Ray & I do need a SS system.

Thanks

Stilt,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew
    Excellent, sounds good. Reckon it would be a good match with my Rotel RA-04 SE and the Monitor BR2s I got from you a few months back?

Thanks!

Hi John,

I'm still interested in this item - but would be keen to hear if you think it'd be a good match for those speakers and amp. Any thoughts?

Cheers.

Hi John,

I'm still interested in this item - but would be keen to hear if you think it'd be a good match for those speakers and amp. Any thoughts?

Cheers.

Stilt,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - that DX7355 in now gone I'm afraid (bought in-store at full price) but i have an alternative for you!

I'm going to do a clearout on NAD separates next week so I'll give you the scoop on the 2 models of CD players that we will be clearing:

Nad C525 - I have just one ex-display model left that I will clear at £129.95 - reduced from the £249.95 original price.

Or:

I have 2 NAD C542 Open box models that I would clear at £99.95 ( I have not checked them yet - but that's what's on our stock file)

Keep me posted if any of these are of interest and we will do our best to oblige!

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

Stilt,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - that DX7355 in now gone I'm afraid (bought in-store at full price) but i have an alternative for you!

I'm going to do a clearout on NAD separates next week so I'll give you the scoop on the 2 models of CD players that we will be clearing:

Nad C525 - I have just one ex-display model left that I will clear at £129.95 - reduced from the £249.95 original price.

Or:

I have 2 NAD C542 Open box models that I would clear at £99.95 ( I have not checked them yet - but that's what's on our stock file)

Keep me posted if any of these are of interest and we will do our best to oblige!

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John,

Thanks for getting back to me. Both sound great! Definitely interested in one the C542s. Will the warranty still be valid? I'm sure they're in perfect working order, but just in case.

Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Stilt.

That's a hell of a price that John has dug up on those !

They will come with a 12 month warranty.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Stilt.

That's a hell of a price that John has dug up on those !

They will come with a 12 month warranty.

Cheers

Dave

Sweet! Put me down for one so and DM me the necessary, please.

Thanks!

Hi Dixie.

ATB

Dave

How well would the Denon 1911 and speakers in the following offer match to the Blu-Ray?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056074658

Thanks again.

Sweet! Put me down for one so and DM me the necessary, please.

Thanks!

Hi guys, I'm still waiting to hear back on this - hope you still have it for me!

*cough*
    Any word, lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭davkav

Is the Onkyo TX-NR707 still available.

if it is ill snatch it up today and have it delivered to Dublin.

Dave

davkav wrote: »
    Is the Onkyo TX-NR707 still available.

if it is ill snatch it up today and have it delivered to Dublin.

Dave

Dav,

many thanks for the PM - unfortunately another Boardie has snaffled that last 707 - anything else we can offer you?

ATB,

John Mc

*cough*
    Any word, lads?

Stilt,

apologies for the delay getting back to you.

We have checked out the C542's and unfortunately one of them is faulty - we do have one silver unit on display which is still looking for a new home??

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭davkav

Dav,

many thanks for the PM - unfortunately another Boardie has snaffled that last 707 - anything else we can offer you?

ATB,

John Mc

Cheers for the reply John.

I'm actually in the market for a 5.1 system. Nothing crazy but something to go with my new series 8 Samsung I just got :) I was looking at the Onkyo TX-SR308 and Jamo A102's but then spotted the NSR up for grabs, pity there gone as it was a good deal.

My budget is in around the €500 mark to inlucde AV reciever and speakers to match.
    What would you recommend? Dare I say it but which would be considered the better unit yamaha, Onkyo, Denon....?

I'm also looking to run speaker cable to all corners of the sitting room and some of the kitchen. I want to do the cabling once and only once so do you think running some of your Cambridge Audio Symphony 100 would do the job?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.