If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardie offer - Tuesday November 2nd

Options
2»

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

davkav wrote: »
    Cheers for the reply John.

I'm actually in the market for a 5.1 system. Nothing crazy but something to go with my new series 8 Samsung I just got :) I was looking at the Onkyo TX-SR308 and Jamo A102's but then spotted the NSR up for grabs, pity there gone as it was a good deal.

My budget is in around the €500 mark to inlucde AV reciever and speakers to match.
    What would you recommend? Dare I say it but which would be considered the better unit yamaha, Onkyo, Denon....?

I'm also looking to run speaker cable to all corners of the sitting room and some of the kitchen. I want to do the cabling once and only once so do you think running some of your Cambridge Audio Symphony 100 would do the job?

Dav,

Thanks a million for the post (slightly quicker reply this time :o).

The best deal for around the €500 price range would be the Onkyo TXSR308 with the Boston XS5.1 which I can do on a Boardie special at just £449.95/€549.99

We also have the DHT311 from Denon which is a matched 5.1 speaker pack & AV receiver that we can do at just €469.99 http://denon.co.uk/uk/Product/Pages/Product-Detail.aspx?Catid=83742842-dc75-4090-b169-b916700fd158&SubId=8b8b4f1a-e5c8-4778-9e0c-3ae508022566&ProductId=d4140347-0068-4abf-b176-67f4ace0b825

If you want to hit the €500 spot we can do the Yamaha RXV367 again with the Boston XSB5.1 at €499.99 dead! (It's €679 from some places in the ROI for the same system!).

Keep me posted if we can assist,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 28 stilt

Stilt,

apologies for the delay getting back to you.

We have checked out the C542's and unfortunately one of them is faulty - we do have one silver unit on display which is still looking for a new home??

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc

Happy to provide a home for it, John :)

Please DM the necessary,

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭davkav

Dav,

Thanks a million for the post (slightly quicker reply this time :o).

The best deal for around the €500 price range would be the Onkyo TXSR308 with the Boston XS5.1 which I can do on a Boardie special at just £449.95/€549.99

We also have the DHT311 from Denon which is a matched 5.1 speaker pack & AV receiver that we can do at just €469.99 http://denon.co.uk/uk/Product/Pages/Product-Detail.aspx?Catid=83742842-dc75-4090-b169-b916700fd158&SubId=8b8b4f1a-e5c8-4778-9e0c-3ae508022566&ProductId=d4140347-0068-4abf-b176-67f4ace0b825

If you want to hit the €500 spot we can do the Yamaha RXV367 again with the Boston XSB5.1 at €499.99 dead! (It's €679 from some places in the ROI for the same system!).

Keep me posted if we can assist,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks for the info John and sorry for cluttering up your thread.

Yeah the TSXR308 is what I had set my sights on alright and I reckon ill go with it.

Do you stock the Boston's in white?

Leave it with me and ill have a chat with the missus;)

Thanks for the info John and sorry for cluttering up your thread.

Yeah the TSXR308 is what I had set my sights on alright and I reckon ill go with it.

Do you stock the Boston's in white?

Leave it with me and ill have a chat with the missus;)

Dav,

yep I agree that the 308 is excellent - and we do the Boston XSB 5.1 in white as well - drop me a line after you have done the wine & roses thing tonight (BTW she will see right through that :D)

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

I'm also looking to run speaker cable to all corners of the sitting room and some of the kitchen. I want to do the cabling once and only once so do you think running some of your Cambridge Audio Symphony 100 would do the job?

Dav,

Apologies for forgetting about the speaker cable!

That Cambridge Symphony 100 really is an excellent cable and is a bit of a bargain at that price (£0.99/mtr) It's really easy to run and for a reasonably priced cable it sounds great.

Give me a shout about how much you need and we will do you a Boardie system deal on the whole lot,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

Cheers John,

Ill let you know how negotiations go :p

Sorry John one more thing, I was just reading your other post in the AV deal thread about the Yamaha RXV 667 and 767. I see the 767 supports two HDMI outputs? Does this mean that I can have one source on one TV and another on a second TV?

My plan was to get a HDMI switch with 4 in and 2 out so that I could run a feed to the sitting room TV and another to the kitchen TV. I never realised you could get a receiver with the same setup. What price is the 767 going for and do any other models have this feature?

looks like we're in business John. Could you PM a price on the RVX767 or recommend any other receiver that supports 4 hdmi in and 2 out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

PM sent.

Keep us posted as we only have a few in stock.

ATB

Dave
    looks like we're in business John. Could you PM a price on the RVX767 or recommend any other receiver that supports 4 hdmi in and 2 out.

Stilt,

apologies for the delay getting back to you.

We have checked out the C542's and unfortunately one of them is faulty - we do have one silver unit on display which is still looking for a new home??

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc

Hi guys, I know it's crazy busy but still waiting to hear back on this! Would love to have it by Christmas if at all possible.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Stilt.

Sorry, possible wires crossed here.

John is away at the mo and I'm just trying to work out where we're at with this.

Are you interested in the NAD C542 ex display one that you mentioned in the post ?

ATB

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply - yes, the ex-display C542 John mentions in his post would be perfect!

Cheers

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.