Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chemistry and Biology revision books

• 01-11-2010 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭

Self Explanatory really, but what do you feel are the best revision books for these two subjects? I want to get one for each, as we're constantly being tested in these subjects and I never know which bits are important and which bits aren't.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14 siobhd

This is from a teaching view so it might not be the best for learning but they're both great for content and condensing.

Either the Edco Essential Exam Revision (Revise Wise) or the Folens Rapid Revision.

I can only go by what my students but they all seem to prefer the Revise wise, it's about 9 euro.

Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

siobhd wrote: »
    This is from a teaching view so it might not be the best for learning but they're both great for content and condensing.

Either the Edco Essential Exam Revision (Revise Wise) or the Folens Rapid Revision.

I can only go by what my students but they all seem to prefer the Revise wise, it's about 9 euro.

Hope that helps

This is a great input, I need something that has all of the content because if I were to get one which was missing parts of the course I wouldn't even realise :confused: So thanks a lot!
    My only question is though, do you recommend Revise Wise for biology or for chemistry? Or both?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14 siobhd

In general over the past little while students seem to think the revise wise is the easiest to learn from.

I often see them in the corridor with several revise wise for their different subjects.

Personally the revise wise is laid out really well for both. There might be slightly more detail in the Folens Essential Revision but if you know the content of the revise wise you would have no problems.

Definitely not.

The best of luck, feel free to ask anything else you're concerned about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

siobhd wrote: »
    In general over the past little while students seem to think the revise wise is the easiest to learn from.

I often see them in the corridor with several revise wise for their different subjects.

Personally the revise wise is laid out really well for both. There might be slightly more detail in the Folens Essential Revision but if you know the content of the revise wise you would have no problems.

Definitely not.

The best of luck, feel free to ask anything else you're concerned about.
    Thanks so much, I appreciate it! :D

Advertisement