Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Xmas cake decorations are you using this year?

Options
  • 01-11-2010 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭

What are you going for this year, so far I've spotted edible gold stars, and coloured sugars for decorating might use coconut to roll some white truffles around in. Anyone got their eyes on anything in particular to treat themselves to this Xmas, new food colours/icing cutters etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I got some lovely Christmassy cutters, Christmas trees and reindeers, will use them for Christmas Cakes but I think the reindeers will be fab on some cupcakes too.

Going to Birmingham to Cake Show on Friday and the only thing I really want is edible glitter in a ton of colours, to make baubles for the trees :) I'm so excited about making cutey colourful baubles, so easily entertained!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Possum66

What are you going for this year, so far I've spotted edible gold stars

Oh, that is interesting, where did you see them? Would love to buy some to save time, usually I make them myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

kitchencompliments.ie have them or you can get them in their shop on Suffolk St. just off Grafton st.
    Will use some for cakes and some of nigellas peanut butter cups.

Decobake have those stars too.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭showgirlrita

Yesterday i ordered red & green edible glitter..cant wait to use them on my christmas cupcakes and cakes.

Saw really cute 3D christmas tree cupcakes in this weeks rte guide "Festive Food" mag, definetly something im going to try, way more fun than just cutting out christmas tree shapped toppers :D

cant get a picture of them on their own but you will get the jist here on the top right of the page
    http://www.rte.ie/ten/rteguide_magazine.html

• Advertisement

I'm not good at icing but want to also get a petal icing nozzle and give it a go. Was watching a you tube vid of how to make and use royal icing so it's something I want to have a go with with Xmas cookies so to liven them up a bit. I spotted some coloured sweets, they look like smarties but slightly larger and brighter, in a shop they'd look really bright and cheery on some cookies or even muffins so going to try and see if I can get some.

Am hoping 'santa' will deliver me a shiney red food processor.

Just back from Birmingham NEC, all shopped out!

In terms of Christmas things I got:

Snowflake cutters in 3 sizes
    Edible glitter in 5 different colours
    Some new star cutters
    Some embossed rolling pins for bows for cupcakes and giftbox cakes
    Lustre spray
    Coloured Cupcake Cases
    Colourful cupcake wrappers and baskets

I got a load of stuff but my brain is fried from the long day going over and back. The basic gist is I got a ton of stuff! :)

Lovely Spadina can't wait to see some of your creations from all the stuff you bought!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Baked...yes..BAKED...the almond icing in the oven last year....for about 20mins..low temp.....kept eye on throughout ....simply brilliant...no need for "traditional icing" as a result.....:)

Advertisement