Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domain transfer. (not BN issue)

Options
  • 01-11-2010 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭

Hi Blacknight

Not really your issue but thought I'd chance my arm to get your view. I recently transferred a domain to BN from an unnamed (at present) registrar. Transferred in Sept to avail of a great IE offer you had going even though my domain had another month to run. As I got an invoice etc I'd assumed this was sufficient to cancel other registrar. It appears that autorenew was on my account (as default) so I've been invoiced for another year non refundable. Any come back with this registrar? I accept I did recieve notification 20 days ago but busy with work etc....

ding

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

If the domain billing was fully transferred to us then I don't see how they could justify billing you for it, as they won't be billed by the registry and would have been informed of same when the transfer completed.

NB: I'm speaking only about the domain NOT any hosting you may have with them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Hi Blacknight its enabled in your control panel and I assume the record can only be in one place not to mention a request from your company for transfer from the other registrar. No hosting involved here. How can I tell which registrar is controlling the .ie domain? :confused:

If the domain is with us we'd normally show in the Whois output for the domain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Had a look at your CP again delved a bit deeper and it has the following:

837806 Create Service started

Provisioning 21-Sep-2010 16:36:33
    879164 Service Creation Failed: Domain transfer failed - reported by new Registrar. Not Provisioned 22-Oct-2010 22:17:29

My bad I think maybe my transfer confirmation fax did not go through and I have a credit of around €20. :o Thanks for reply though and we'll give this another go in Oct 11.

ding

Just email sales@ blacknight.com with the domain details and they'll be able to assist you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement