Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness North Star Brew still available???

Options
  • 01-11-2010 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

I just after reading on the infamously accurate interweb that this edition of the stout is available on tap at the long hall on George's street. This is wrong no?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,990 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

It was about 4 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭dazey

There is no way in hell they will do that kind of special edition production for a looong time. Money is scarce and I'd say it cost a lot to roll those out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

was there not supposed to be like seven of those special brews. imo north star was lovely. what were the others called?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

FatherLen wrote: »
    was there not supposed to be like seven of those special brews. imo north star was lovely. what were the others called?
    Six were planned. The others were Brew 39 and Toucan. All of them tasted almost exactly like normal draught Guinness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

dazey wrote: »
    There is no way in hell they will do that kind of special edition production for a looong time. Money is scarce and I'd say it cost a lot to roll those out :(

i dont know, the whole brewhouse series smacked of Duff beer line!!!

tumblr_kwxyh3A4FZ1qzxvmyo1_500.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

BeerNut wrote: »
    Six were planned. The others were Brew 39 and Toucan. All of them tasted almost exactly like normal draught Guinness.

Yeah I tried the 39 one and it tasted exactly the same as the normal one! They could have at least made one smoky or another one sweeter or whatever, again I think it was people been blinded to the facts by corporate advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

There was a rumour at the time that there was going to be a chocolate stout. I quite like chocolate stouts and I wouldn't have minded seeing what sort of fist Guinness would have made of one.

Get a pint of Guinness. Drop a Cadbury's Button in it. That's how it would have tasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Get a pint of Guinness. Drop a Cadbury's Button in it. That's how it would have tasted.

You know, you mightn't be too far off there. Must remember to bring the Buttons with me to the pub. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

You appear to be onto something sir although I shall try with a square of milkybar.
    I shall report my results after being released from the hospital

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Are there any decent chocolate stouts available apart from porterhouse which is only seasonal ? I don't rate molly's chocolate stout.

You appear to be onto something sir although I shall try with a square of milkybar.
    I shall report my results after being released from the hospital

A spoon of cadburys drinking chocolate might work

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭yermanoffthetv

I would have said the differences were subtle but each had its own distinct character, maybe my sense of taste is more refined than yours :P I love me stout :D

Edit: Anyone have the "white guiness" or whatever it was called? It was before my time :(

Edit: Anyone have the "white guiness" or whatever it was called? It was before my time :(

Are you talking about Breo ? That was a wit beer, a bit like hoegaarden. From what I can remember it tasted ok.

Loads of threads on Breó here if you search.
    Bigcheeze wrote: »
    Are there any decent chocolate stouts available apart from porterhouse which is only seasonal ?
    Young's Double Chocolate?

Advertisement