Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Vegas or Fable 3

Options
  • 01-11-2010 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭

Thinking of getting New Vegas for the pc or Fable 3 for the xbox.
    But from reading a few threads both seem pretty short, I'm not one for going straight through a game, I love side quests. Which game has the longer game play?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I don't know what your definition of fairly short is but I doubt new vegas fits it. If you stick to just the main quest then it will be short and quite crap. If you do the side missions and just wander off from time to time for a laugh it'll be a lot longer and much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

New Vegas is pretty huge, I've been playing it a hell of a lot and I still have a lot left to do. The main quest is short alright, but that's not really what you play fallout for.

Can't speak for Fable 3, but 2 was fairly big too. I'd say it comes down to whether you want the guns and the post-apocalyptic setting or the fantasy style.

Anyway, if you want a time-sink you can't go wrong with either one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

New Vegas is the deeper game, and has bloody hundreds of quests. Every time I go somehwere to complete one I walk out with 4 more.......it never ends!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I could easily drop 100 hours into F:NV no problem. That's pretty long considering a lot of new games these days are only 5-7 hours long.

Unless of course you rush the game, much shorter experience then.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭GSV

mav79 wrote: »
    I love side quests.

I'd recommend F:NV. There's no end to the number of side quests you get asked to do.
    I rushed the end (well, one end) but I'll re-start and try to keep my megalomaniacal/psychopathic tendencies in check... a bit. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I've barely touched the main quest in Fallout and am over 40 hours in , there have been countless times so far where I could have done something differently and got a different outcome and reward. Really feel this even more re-playable than even Fallout 3.

I got Fable also , it's sitting here unopened until I finish fallout ....... which won't be anytime this week from the looks of it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Right New Vegas it is, will probably pick up Fable in a few weeks as i loved the first two. Just delved back into Fallout 3 last night and got hooked again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

mav79 wrote: »
    Right New Vegas it is, will probably pick up Fable in a few weeks as i loved the first two. Just delved back into Fallout 3 last night and got hooked again.

FNV is a whole different kind of hooked ;) Bought it on release and haven't played anything else since, but have been pumping hours into this every day. You sit down to play a few hours at night and before you know it, the whole time you should have been in bed has been eaten up by FNV :D

Really must take a break for a day or two but that could bring on some serious withdrawals...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Download them both for the PC!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

never played fable but new vegas is huge... was checking thru my quests last nite and i've loads to do. i'm not going near the main quest.

seems much bigger than FO3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

bleg wrote: »
    Download them both for the PC!
    Fable 3 isn't out for the PC.

New Vegas is the right choice. I think they're both great games, but NV has so much more to do and feels much more immersive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Fable 3 would be a definite rental as far as I'm concerned.
    Haven't played NV yet, but if it's anything like Fallout 3, you'll be getting teriffic value for money!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

I've only played F:NV and it is a great game, with lots of depth, but even without playing Fable 3, just reading this article would stop me from getting it:
    Why Fable 3 is an Embarrassment to Video Games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I've only played F:NV and it is a great game, with lots of depth, but even without playing Fable 3, just reading this article would stop me from getting it:
    Why Fable 3 is an Embarrassment to Video Games

I wouldn't pay too much attention to that, he seems like a bit of a tard tbh!
    Some of the crap he spouts is just nonsensical. You can easily set waypoints (using the admittedly crap map system), and if he wanted to stop time from advancing
    in the last part of the game, he pretty obviously just had to stop doing that particular quest chain until he was ready to move on...

Still a solid rental imo, but just not worth paying full whack for it

Advertisement