Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 2011 Connectivity

Options
  • 01-11-2010 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭

I just recently got Digiweb DSL and I have a Zyxel Prestige 660HW -T1 ADSL router. I was able to open ports no problem for Call of Duty 2 but im really struggling with Fifa. I see in the actual game manual it says that it uses the following ports :

TCP Ports : 80,443,9980-9989, 10,000 - 10500, 42100 - 42199
    UDP Ports : 3659, 6000, 9570, 10500 - 12500

Now I opened up all of them except for 10500- 12500 ( Router gives me an error saying they are not valid ports) .. But my firewall status is still 'restrictive' and I cannot connect with my mates.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Tiesto wrote: »
    I just recently got Digiweb DSL and I have a Zyxel Prestige 660HW -T1 ADSL router. I was able to open ports no problem for Call of Duty 2 but im really struggling with Fifa. I see in the actual game manual it says that it uses the following ports :

TCP Ports : 80,443,9980-9989, 10,000 - 10500, 42100 - 42199
    UDP Ports : 3659, 6000, 9570, 10500 - 12500

Now I opened up all of them except for 10500- 12500 ( Router gives me an error saying they are not valid ports) .. But my firewall status is still 'restrictive' and I cannot connect with my mates.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Enable UPnP and forget about opening ports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

I already had UPnP enabled..
    anyhow, in the meantime I found a good guide online put together by some guy to setup my router for the PS3 and all is working good now..

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Tiesto wrote: »
    I already had UPnP enabled..
    anyhow, in the meantime I found a good guide online put together by some guy to setup my router for the PS3 and all is working good now..

thanks.

Fair enough, so had I for a while, but it wasn't working properly until I did a firmware upgrade on the router and made sure UPnP was turned on on the router and PS3, don't have to worry about ports at all. Anyway, enjoy.

L'prof wrote: »
    Fair enough, so had I for a while, but it wasn't working properly until I did a firmware upgrade on the router and made sure UPnP was turned on on the router and PS3, don't have to worry about ports at all. Anyway, enjoy.

I will, tnx for your input btw.

crap i think I jumped the gun..
    What I did previously has given me a NAT 2 connection type (from a NAT 3) and call of duty works great, but i still have a restrictive connection type for Fifa and cant connect to my mates. I have all the ports opened that are mentioned in the manual.. Any ideas? so frustrating

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Anyone suffering alot of disconnectons during online head to head games ? its happend 3 out of 4 games iv played tonight its really pissing me off now

Advertisement