Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

centrum gone???

Options
  • 01-11-2010 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

well folks, not sure if this is in the correct section but its just a quick question...does anybody know if centrum multi vitamins are gone off the market? because for the last about 6 weeks now i cant find them anywhere, in tesco and supervalue it says out of stock where they used to be and in the chemists theres no space where they were atall. Ive checked the net and cant find anything about them being took off the market or anything, does anyone know anything about why there not in the shops anymore :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

We got a notice in work a few weeks back to take them off the shelves to due to a "packaging issue". Haven't heard anything since from them or our supplier to say they would be back or anything soon.

If you dont mind changing brand you would be surprised at the amount of multivitamins on the market that are exactly the same but made by different manufacturers - goes for nearly everything available in a pharmacy actually i.e. painkillers, cold and flu remedies, vitamins. The list is endless.

Hope that helps. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭sesna

Just gone temporarily for using a genetically modified ingredient without declaring it on the package, I think. Should be back soon enough once this issue is resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭germanator

thanks for the replies!! yeah i was thinking it wasnt anything too serious or i would of heard about it!! yeah i just got multibionta the other day to try them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭germanator

heres a reply i got to an email i sent to them on the link given above

Thank you for your e-mail enquiry in relation to Centrum.

Pfizer Consumer Healthcare recently identified a labelling issue in
    relation to the Centrum range of products which I am pleased to be able
    to tell you has now been resolved. We will begin supplying Centrum again
    this week so it should be available in retail stores towards the end of
    the week.

I trust you find this helpful and thank you for your patience during
    this period.

Kind regards,

Gavin

Gavin Callender

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy