Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tendon recovery?

Options
  • 01-11-2010 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭

Just looking for some general advice:

Doing some training, nothing too serious, but next day (i.e. this morning) my right ankle is almost impossible to walk with. Oddly enough cycling is fine, and it doesn't hurt when I'm not moving. I think (but not sure) that it is the Achilles tendon that's giving me problems.

Thing is, I have a seriously important match this weekend.

Any suggestions as to how to speed recovery?

Thanks in advance.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Off to a physio - achilles is 1 injury you don't want to mess with as it will stick with you. Doing the match could very much cause your recovery time to be a LOT longer. Anyway - im bordering on medical advice here so all il say is off to the physio. He/she will diagnose it for you and advise you.

Edit: follow RICE

R- rest, I - ice, C - compression, E - elevation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

ULstudent wrote: »
    Off to a physio - achilles is 1 injury you don't want to mess with as it will stick with you. Doing the match could very much cause your recovery time to be a LOT longer. Anyway - im bordering on medical advice here so all il say is off to the physio. He/she will diagnose it for you and advise you.

Edit: follow RICE

R- rest, I - ice, C - compression, E - elevation

+1

Best and only advice available without breaching the sites posting rules and forum charter.

Thread Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement