Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed on upgrade

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Those elite power PSUs are said to be a load of sh--, especially the 460W one which is the same as the 400W one. I don't have time to check through pixmania now, but this one would be better if you could stretch the extra distance.
    http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/675269/art/corsair/cmpsu-450vxeu-pc-power-un.html

Maybe consider the 5770 1GB for €13 more
    http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/4122063/art/sapphire-technology/radeon-hd-5770-1-gb-gddr5.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

Thanks for that. What about the OCZ StealthXStream 2 500 W PC Power Supply? It's the same price as the Elite Power. I don't like to try save on something so important but if I can save a bit I'd like to do so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Jolt2007 wrote: »
    Thanks for that. What about the OCZ StealthXStream 2 500 W PC Power Supply? It's the same price as the Elite Power. I don't like to try save on something so important but if I can save a bit I'd like to do so :)

Those StealthXStreams use FSP group as their OEM I think. Middle of the road unit, wouldnt run to it.

The new Corsair CX430 seems like a excellent buy (not sure of the OEM on these, could be CWT) The old CX400 was an excellent PSU for its price.

The CX430 will run that setup no bother at all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

The CX430 is CWT alright - they don't look to be as good as the CX400 from a specs and quality point of view but I haven't seen any reviews tearing them apart.
    I think the OCZ SXS II would be a better choice for now. Here's a review of the 600W version.

I hope you have 3 or less harddrives (although you could use adapters/molex cables for more)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Monotype wrote: »
    The CX430 is CWT alright - they don't look to be as good as the CX400 from a specs and quality point of view but I haven't seen any reviews tearing them apart.
    I think the OCZ SXS II would be a better choice for now. Here's a review of the 600W version.

I hope you have 3 or less harddrives (although you could use adapters/molex cables for more)

Hmm, switched from Seasonic to CWT (DSA) with a lower output on the 12v rail than the CX400. Poor poor form from Corsair :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement