Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry Refusing More TV interviews if sanctioned

Options
  • 01-11-2010 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭

In a press conference with Sky Sports News Harry has said he will refuse to do anymore post match interviews if he receives a sanction from the FA over comments he made about Mark Clattenburgs decision regarding the Nani goal V Manchester United.

Me personally I think that he is right to refuse, he had every right to say the things that he said cause yes the ref did make ''a hash of it'' and by refusing to do the interviews after games he is showing that he will not be bullied by the FA for making comments when a ref gets something wrong, we all know he got it wrong, and it shouldn't stand, so I say fair play to ya Harry, well done mate

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Balfie wrote: »
    In a press conference with Sky Sports News Harry has said he will refuse to do anymore post match interviews if he receives a sanction from the FA over comments he made about Mark Clattenburgs decision regarding the Nani goal V Manchester United.

Me personally I think that he is right to refuse, he had every right to say the things that he said cause yes the ref did make ''a hash of it'' and by refusing to do the interviews after games he is showing that he will not be bullied by the FA for making comments when a ref gets something wrong, we all know he got it wrong, and it shouldn't stand, so I say fair play to ya Harry, well done mate

Come on , Mr Media to stay out of spotlight , no chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Balfie wrote: »

I completely agree with you Balfie but I won't be surprised tomorrow when the FA throw some bollox jumped up charge against Harry as we live in a world where it is a crime to state the truth.

As for the f*ck up by the ref, the FA will do what they always do and just bury their head in the sand.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Tbh I dont see the point in stopping the post-match interviews. It wouldn't be punishing the F.A., the only people that stand to lose anything from this course of action are the viewers. The more I think about it the more pointless it seems, and as one of the above posts pointed out, he loves media, so he'd only be punishing himself more.
    Unless, of course, this is to try and avoid the sanction.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Fa taking no formal action

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

Sky Sports News
    Harry Redknapp has been warned after his comments following the controversial Nani goal but no formal action will be taken against him.
    The FA confirmed its decision on Tuesday, although the Spurs boss has been warned to be mindful of future comments.
    The governing body also confirmed its decision was not made based on what Redknapp said on Monday when he threatened a post-match TV boycott in future if he was charged.
    The decision by the FA comes following Redknapp's comments after Nani's controversial goal in the Manchester United's 2-0 win at Old Trafford on Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Don't think the FA would have been too worried about Harry not doing interviews.

They might have had a slight concern at what he meant by saying................."If they want to make an issue of what I said then I'll make some issues as well - don't worry".

Would love to know what issues he would have brought up.

Advertisement