Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Browser Hijacker - How to remove

• 01-11-2010 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭

I've somehow managed to acquire one of the above despite having AVG installed and running......can anyone advise me on how to get rid of it......everytime I do a search and click on the subsequent results I don't get the page I'm looking for and end up with some random one which in the majority of cases is 'adult finder'.....is there anyway to rid me of this mence that doesn't require a search and download.........???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭LukeQuietus

Stop using AVG. It's become very unreliable in recent years. Too much blind faith in it. I'd recommend having Malwarebytes and Microsoft Security Essentials instead. You shouldn't have any problems with them. Also HijackThis will get rid of more persistent problems but it needs a bit of computer savy to use it fully and to it's full potential.

Also, DON'T save that file that stuff.hunter posted. I don't like links that go straight to a download file. Usually not safe to download things with knowing more about where they're from and what they do. Use Download.com to get all you're Anti-virus and security tools to be safe.

The easiest way to get you're computer back to normal is do a system restore to when it last worked fine.

Advertisement