Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West?

Options
  • 01-11-2010 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭

i was thinking of buying Enslaved: Odyssey to the West and i was wondering if it is worth buying?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Yes it is a good solid game, good story and looks great. But at 12 hours and with little replay value i think a rental for the week should be enough with it.

New DLC is coming that gives you some new missions using the Pigsy character and will introduce 3D support for the full game and not just for people with 3D TV's. It will also use the same technology as the Arkham Asylum GOTY edition. So those glasses should work with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Loved it, finished it twice (2nd time on hard).

It's my 2nd favourite game of the year after Darksiders. But yes, rent it. Wait until Pigsy's Perfect 10 (DLC) comes out and do it all in a week.

Rent it, don't buy it. I enjoyed it for one playthrough but traded it in for fallout straight after finishing it. Decent story and it looks nice but theres no replay value in it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,478 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I was glad I rented it. Thoroughly enjoyed it, and it was admirably different to your usual videogame fare. But it is short - I had it rented for five days, and got through it with a few hours a night - and I didn't have much interest in a second playthrough (I started on hard, but it was annoying hard as opposed to skill based hard - frickin' wrecking ball). It's definitely worth a playthrough, but full price? Probably not IMO!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Good game but what the rest said, rent it, kinda short and no real replay value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Its down to about £30 on zavvi now and HMV are still givng 28 for trade in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Traded Castlevania for this as I wasn't really feeling it. Still haven't started playing yet though, I want to get through one or two games on arcade first.

Advertisement