Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Year Eve - looking for big holiday house

Options
  • 01-11-2010 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

i know it's a bit too late for this kind of planning - but we (four families with kids) are looking for a big holiday home to rent over New Year - 2 nights, but it seems that not many choices are on offer here in Ireland.

The best site I've been searching for holiday homes was www.daft.ie, and www.myhome.ie, suitable properties were already booked...:(

Any ideas or advises where to search for holiday home for two nights where can sleep 14 people?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Looking for a place to accommodate 4 families is a tall order. Are you only looking at one big house or would you consider 2/3 or even 4 seperate houses depending on size?

Did you ring the places you found on daft?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gruby

I don't mind booking four separate houses (in some kind of holiday village) if at least one of those will have good size dining area (1st) and sitting area (2nd). Can't find anything like this.

And how about the kids - let them play in separate house? (may seem a good idea on the first glimps :))

Contacting advertiser by built in email form on www.daft.ie worked very well - I got reply (negative) within 24 hours from all places I was intersted...

By the way http://www.belleisle-estate.com/ in NI still offers some holiday homes for new year for 250 pounds (two nights). Have been there last new year - magnificient!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

Try Hogans Holiday cottages, they are a uk based company but they have a holiday property rental website for Ireland, you might find something to your needs there :)

Advertisement