Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants near Draiocht theatre

Options
  • 02-11-2010 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

I'm going to a show in Draiocht Theatre in Blanchardstown on a Thursday night and I would like to go for dinner before the show. Can any recommend a nice restaurant that is close to the theatre?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Never been there but people reckon Wagamama is good.

http://www.blanchardstowncentre.ie/Restaurants_.aspx

Nothing special about the rest. IMO all kinda fast food places.

Personally I'd avoid the center and get something in Blanchardstown Village or Castleknock.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭abrr1000

Ming Court restaurant is my favourite - always go there with my family. Its about 5 minutes walk from the theatre. Eddie Rockets is also nice.
    I'm not a fan of TGI fridays - very expensive and unhealthy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

There's an Italian almost directly next door, quite nice it is too. Starbucks is beside that again and then you have TGIs, not so nice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Leelaa22

Dantes is the italian place next door, havent been there so I dont know if its nice. Wagamamas is great, the food is really good, the portions are huge and its not break the bank expensive. Beside that is Captain americas and I think the food and atmos there is good and they are always doing lunch deals and drinks promotions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

I have eaten in dantes a few times and loved it,

2 course for about 17 euro as dat as i remember,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

BostonB wrote: »
    Personally I'd avoid the center and get something in Blanchardstown Village or Castleknock.

I'd echo that sentiment - head down to Blanch Village and go to La Terrazza, Ming Garden, or Browne's.

Also, is the Thai Garden still there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Thai garden is still up beside the church, its yummy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

brightkane wrote: »
    Thai garden is still up beside the church, its yummy!!

Lovely stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

+1 on the Thai garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

if you literally want something on the Draoicht's doorstep and fancy cheap and cheerful Italian, then Dante's is definitely recommended - nothing too fussy or fancy, it has tasty food and good deals. I've been to Wagamama's in town but not in Blanch but their food is consistently good across all their restuarants in UK and here. TGI's has the usual Americana fare and has great service and food and on the theatre's doorstep too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

And there is the hotel as well, Crowne Plaza has the Forchetta Italian Grill restuant in it.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cp/1/en/hotel/DBLBL/dining?start=1
    Forchetta Italian Grill
    Serves: Breakfast | Lunch | Dinner
    Forchetta Italian Grill offers guests a wide variety of freshly made pasta, pizza and grill dishes, perfect for business dinners, private parties or romantic couples. Forchetta Restaurant opens at Crowne Plaza Blanchardstown daily from 6pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Dantes next door to the Draiocht is the most convenient. It has just been slightly remodelled and looks well.

I have always had nice food there and would recommend it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Pallas Athena

Wagamama is the best in the area.

Wagamama is the best in the area.

Very nice too and great with babies!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Thaedydal wrote: »
    And there is the hotel as well, Crowne Plaza has the Forchetta Italian Grill restuant in it.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cp/1/en/hotel/DBLBL/dining?start=1

Didnt know about that one. Is it any good ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Didnt know about that one. Is it any good ?

Yes it is good.

Food is great and staff are excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Xmorpheus

I like Captain Americas but since you can't book a table, it's hard to gauge timings if you have a set thing to do to like a theatre performance. Same applies to Eddie Rockets.

There's a Pizza Hut just inside the entrance to the SC which is pleasant enough if you're just looking for a bite rather than a "dining experience" ;)

TGIs, I've given up on - it's always a triumph of hope over experience :s

I've been in Dantes once or twice - I quite liked it. I'd actually forgotten about it - must make a note to go there some evening again!

I've not tried the Crowne Plaza yet - I'm always a little wary of chain hotels - is it expensive?

Food is great and staff are excellent.

Isn't it rarely opened, I thought it was only open mid-week these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

I'm delighted the Thai Garden is getting a good rap. Used to go there almost weekly, and have a good chat with Sam/Brian/Nim/Noom and the crew.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Thai Garden is very good. Never had a bad experience there in all the years I have been going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭iMADEtheBBC

Speaking of local restaurants : is it correct that Akasaka in Castleknock village has closed ? I hope not but I thought it looked pretty deserted when I passed it on a bus over Christmas.

Speaking of local restaurants : is it correct that Akasaka in Castleknock village has closed ? I hope not but I thought it looked pretty deserted when I passed it on a bus over Christmas.

I think its been closed for a few months now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭Justin10

I had only heard bad stuff about wagamana. Must try it after reading here. Thai garden is lovely in the village.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Xmorpheus

I heard there was a Chinese in Tyrrelstown that was doing the Hibachi thing where the chef cooks at the table - is that still there? If so, any good?

Mentioned in the other thread, Aurora does the Teppanyaki and it's fantastic. You need to book in advance and they probably have a minimum number.

Advertisement