Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spec me a mid priced lock

• 02-11-2010 2:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭

My commuter hack, isn't worth much and is locked in a low risk car park at work. My current u lock and cable, could probably be cut or opened with a spoon, and I think the lock is sticking. So was thinking of getting something better. As a mid priced lock/cable combo, I was thinking of getting Kryptonite Evolution™ Mini and some sort of long cable, to go through front wheel, frame and back the U lock on the rear triangle. Bike rack is on the ground and its awkward to access. Hence the cable. Whats a good deal at or under €50? Something like this? Cables too short, though.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kryptonite-KryptoLok-Standard-Lock-Cable/dp/B0010XTIB8/ref=pd_sim_sg_9

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,143 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

For a hack bike I'd use a security skewer rather than a cable for the front wheel. Unless it's got discs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

I bought 2 Kryptonite New York locks a while ago from Halfords. There was an offer where I got 2 for €100. If you're near Dublin City centre you can have the spare one for €50. I've been meaning to post it up for sale but haven't gotten around to it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Velo Bro

Hi Velo

If that lock is available to all I'll take it off your hands for €50 if it's new. I'm Getting a bit concerned about the number of bike thefts at the minute. Contact number sent.

Cheers

Velo Bro!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Well I'd definitely take the lock if available.

Velo Bro nice intercept there....:)

Lumen - thought of the security skewer, still need a cable to reach the bike rack though. Might be a little quicker though. Some put a U lock though the rear triangle, but have to balance the bike against the rack to achieve that.

Are their different skewers for different bikes. This is a 90's MTB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I use a Specilized Wedlock, never had any problem's and have being using it for years, then again I'm very fussy where I leave my bike.
    I combine it with Kryptonite cable to keep the wheels safe.

• Advertisement
Advertisement