Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working Abroad Summer 2011

Options
  • 02-11-2010 2:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

So I'm going to have completed my undergrad come April/May, and am hoping to go abroad for the summer and work. Europe is my best bet I think, money wise. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on where to go, where to look for jobs etc

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 583 ✭✭✭xp90

• Registered Users Posts: 13 eivawahu

Also try

www.pickingjobs.com
    (working in farms, usually camping or with accomodation provided)

this might also help:

www.couchsurfing.com
    (free beds, y'know?)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

There's always WWOFFing...

Try Nice, in the south of France. Plenty of summer tourist jobs that don't necessarily require you to speak French. Sun, sea, and lots of tourism. And in September, when you're done, you can go inland for a few weeks and do the vendange, traditional grape picking for wine.

You need to be out there an canvassing by May though, because all the jobs are gone by the start of the Monaco Grand Prix on the last weekend of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 eivawahu

I would seriously seriously recommend going to central or south america if you're going to live somewhere. They have the craic, and great weather. Have you done the certification for TOEFL or something like it? Im sure you can get a job teaching anyway wherever you end up but if you have qualifications you'll be able to get a job that pays more, so you can stay there for longer and travel around like a local.

Or have a look at summer camps, which are always looking to hire staff.

Advertisement