Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

final check before i press the send button

Options
  • 02-11-2010 2:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

ok
    i have filled out the online application form for the subclass 176 visa to australia (sponsored skilled migrant) in this case i have a relative to sponsor me.

just want to check a few things before i press "da button"

(i): i don't see anywhere, where they have asked me to send paperwork ie. birth certs, marrige certs. proof of address and so on. is this the normal?
    i suppose they have my pps no. so that will verify alot and i guess the passport also verifys a few things as well:confused:

(ii): i am a carpenter and joiner by trade, but i don't see where to enter my training/trainer or qualification details. instead they have asked me have i been assessed by a skills assessment authority :confused:.
    does this mean that regardless of my papers/logbook that i must go to one of these assessment authoritys?
    and if i must is there one here handy in this country?
    or is there somewhere i can enter my fas details in the online application?

(iii): they have not asked me about my financial situation. i would have thought that they would have looked for proof of funds and would also have to show a minimum amt for supporting ourselves out there?

(iv): neither have they asked about my relation:confused: other than how he was related. iam sure they will want to know that he is alive at least:eek:

is this the norm for online applications?
    will they be looking for all this info at a later stage?
    i also presume that they will look for garda vetting of some sort too?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Desal

Hey Spongebob,

Once you have pressed enter and paye the fee you get directed to a page weher you hvae to attach all the info you mentioned, passport pages, skills assesments, marrage certs etc (they make sure they take your money first before you do the hard work).
    This process is made easier if you have a colour scanner, you dont need to get all the stuff stamped as a copy of the org if it is colour scanned in. There is a lot of work involved in this part but it is worth it in the end (just spent a few days on the gold coast on holidays in the sun).
    Best of luck hope it all works out and you dont have too long of a wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Desal

BTW, you should prob get your skills assesment done before you pay any fees, just to be sure your paperwork is acceptable here, could safe you a lot of money if its not. Not sure how this is done for Fas, maybe someone else here can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

sponge_bob wrote: »
    will they be looking for all this info at a later stage?
    When they want more information, and they most likely will, you can be assured you'll get an email asking for it. My experience with them was nothing short of politely professional, though mine was a paper based application. You get asked for stuff, you're given a certain amount of time to get, you send it off, and you hear nothing until they need something more or your application is approved (or denied! but we don't think about that! :D )

As said already, if skills assessment is a part of the application, I think you must have that done already, before your visa application. That could be just for Skilled migrants though. I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

thanks for the replys guys,

so even though i am a qualified carpenter/joiner here, they will still want to do a skills assesment on me.

where do i go here in ireland to get this done?
    or is it a matter of sending off my qualifications and they send back the australian equivalant? a bit like changing car licence between countries?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

thanks for the replys guys,

so even though i am a qualified carpenter/joiner here, they will still want to do a skills assesment on me.

where do i go here in ireland to get this done?
    or is it a matter of sending off my qualifications and they send back the australian equivalant? a bit like changing car licence between countries?
    It all depends on if you have papers or not. Similar idea but not as cheap or as straight forward as a drivers licence.

Try here http://www.deewr.gov.au/Skills/Programs/SkillsAssess/TRA/residenceVisa/Skilled/Pages/home.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

also
    if i was to leave the wife and kids off the application would this speed up/simplify things?.
    the wife is a bit weary about moving and would rather i go for 3-4mths first and see what the story is before uprooting the kids going over and finding this is not the place for us and moving them back home again. they could allways come out after on a holiday visa to see for them selves before applying for a more permanent visa if they did like it.

does this make sense?, or is it easier and more cost effective to apply for the whole lot now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

also
    if i was to leave the wife and kids off the application would this speed up/simplify things?.
    the wife is a bit weary about moving and would rather i go for 3-4mths first and see what the story is before uprooting the kids going over and finding this is not the place for us and moving them back home again. they could allways come out after on a holiday visa to see for them selves before applying for a more permanent visa if they did like it.

does this make sense?, or is it easier and more cost effective to apply for the whole lot now?

they have to be included whether they are going or not

• Registered Users Posts: 3 carrick34

hi guys i am getting sponsered on a 457 visa by an employer. i sent away my documents and was told that it would only take a few days. immigration contacted my migration agent after 6 days to say that they wanted me to do a skills assesment. i didn't think that i would have to do this if i was getting sponsered. i am a carpenter and did a fas course over 20 years ago but never finished my last block as i got used to earning and never went back. i have over 20 years experience but can only find p.60's from 2007 to 2011. i have to do it through victoria uni. i have to do a paperwork assesment first. and then a skype interview. can anyone tell me if 4 years p 60's will be enough and what else do i need to include for paper assesment. is a reference from my 3 previos employers enough. also anyone out there a carpenter joiner who did the the technical interview could they provide any info on what kind of questions to expect?

Advertisement