Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trolling /dying a death etc

• 02-11-2010 2:48am
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It's over two years since I frequented this forum, and over a year since my last post.

Has this forum died a death?

If so why? I hate to say I told you so (OK, I do love to say I told you so) but isn't there an element of being the author of its own misfortune?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

In a sense it's actually a victim of its own success. It was the first "social" forum, and as such became the template for other social forums. There would have been a lot of posters who moved onto other social forums which were more to their liking after they were created, in particular the Noc forum. In addition, quite a few of the old regulars have become mods, CMods and admins, and I know in my case this has meant I simply haven't had as much time as I used to to hang around here and talk crap. Well reasoned, intelligent and very meaningful crap it was though. ;) Now, where are the wimmins with the rasher sambos?

Advertisement