Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opera...Stupid

• 02-11-2010 5:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Ok so i've been using opera but its acting up on me, i have been trying to run "cna you run it" online, but opera won't give me he option to allow it, unlike firefox and IE which both offer a drop down menu to allow the program to run or not.

but opera offers no such option...its very annoying:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭LukeQuietus

Alot of people don't like Opera but I think it's newer version is excellent. Very fast, safe and has some really cool features like Unite and Ctrl+click saving of things. However, it isn't as widely compatible as Firefox with everything but I just use both. Firefox for the useful add ons and Opera for everything else as it's much faster (for me any ways). I also think it's good to have a back up browser incase the other gets hijacked and you need to google solutions in a hurry. So far Firefox is the only one I've had problems with though.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭leedsfan88

Alot of people don't like Opera but I think it's newer version is excellent. Very fast, safe and has some really cool features like Unite and Ctrl+click saving of things. However, it isn't as widely compatible as Firefox with everything but I just use both. Firefox for the useful add ons and Opera for everything else as it's much faster (for me any ways). I also think it's good to have a back up browser incase the other gets hijacked and you need to google solutions in a hurry. So far Firefox is the only one I've had problems with though.

don't suppose you know how to solve my problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

From http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/
    •Works with Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome browsers.

Looks like Opera isn't supported I'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭LukeQuietus

leedsfan88 wrote: »
    don't suppose you know how to solve my problem?

Yeah, use Firefox for the add-ons and stuff that Opera doesn't support. Nothing wrong with having two browsers with different strengths.

Advertisement