Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ansel Adam's Mordor Vacation (larger photos)

• 02-11-2010 5:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

Just spent this weekend up in the Yosemite Valley and MAN, the weather was like nothing I've ever experienced for photography, at least. We had the extraordinary good luck to stumble upon a series of shifting weather systems in the Merced River Valley as seen juuuuust after one of the tunnels by Cascade Creek. It was like looking at the cover of a 70's Yes album, something straight out of fairy land. There were only three other photographers besides up there to capture it, and I hope theirs turn out. Never seen anything like it. I must have taken 40 shots in about 15 minutes, but I won't bore you w/them all. The light and mist were shifting so fast it was a little nerve wracking to keep up.

The first two were B&Ws that just happened to come out in such way that I couldn't have contrived, like happy accidents. They just remind me photographs of the type taken a long time ago. The last one I posted in the Random Photo thread already, but then worked it over in Lightroom. I'd love to hear what people think of all three.

The last one is just a gratuitous one of a Hollywood Hills skyline on Halloween evening, looking out towards Westwood, just after I got back into town, before kids were out trick or treating.

mercedcanyon3LR.jpg

mercedcanyon2LR.jpg

mercedcanyon1LR.jpg

skylineLR.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Nebezpeci Mys

Yep, like them all - especially the BW ones. Saw something very similar from a different vista nearby earlier this year and can honestly say it was one of the highlights of the whole trip to the US. Yosemite is an amazing place full of immensely huge 'majestic' rocks and mystic weather...glad I wasn't the only one blown away by the place's beauty...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

They are pretty nice, my favourite one is the third one. I love the way the valley's size is really emphasised by the clouds clinging to the sides.
    Thanks for sharing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 monosnaps

Cool images, hopefully you can get a few nice prints from your images.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

*sings LOTR theme tune*

Stunning shots!

Advertisement