Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Onra

• 02-11-2010 6:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭

A French artist I've come across recently, absolutely loving this track:

Reminds me of Prince, anybody else here heard of him?

EDIT: Just d-loaded the album and seein what I think of it. Good beats so far.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Diego Smartly

Yeah Onra is really really top stuff. If your getting into that kinda beat stuff defo check out the other releases on the All City record label that most of his stuff is on; its based in Dublin and all. Alot of they're releases aren't really on youtube so you can listen here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

That instrumental album he did a while back with samples and sounds from Indochina was excellent. The name escapes me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Ah well aware of Mike Slott and his cohort, big fan of it too. Saw Hudson Mohawke a few weeks back here in Toronto, and it was absolutely sick.

Teebs I have not heard however. Liking it. Similar to Asura, Samiyam and the like.

Orizio if you could find that album you speak of, I'd be very interested in hearing it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Ah well aware of Mike Slott and his cohort, big fan of it too. Saw Hudson Mohawke a few weeks back here in Toronto, and it was absolutely sick.

Teebs I have not heard however. Liking it. Similar to Asura, Samiyam and the like.

Orizio if you could find that album you speak of, I'd be very interested in hearing it!

Its entitled 'Chinoseries' and can be purchased on iTunes.

Orizio wrote: »
    Its entitled 'Chinoseries' and can be purchased on iTunes.

Cheers for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Jay Ru

Chinoseries pt.2 is coming out soon. Send Me Your Love and the One feat. T3 are my favorite cuts off his latest album. Google his sound cloud page as well there's a few bits up on it that haven't been released yet. And if ur digging the Prince vibe i suggest u check out an artist called Dam Funk. Some serious synth funk going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Onra is class. As is HudMo. There's such a glut of good instrumental hip hop and beatmusic at the moment I find it a bit exhausting keeping up with it.

I find anything associated with Alpha Pup records is pretty animal. Nocando is one of my favorite rappers of the last year or two as well.

Jay Ru wrote: »
    Chinoseries pt.2 is coming out soon. Send Me Your Love and the One feat. T3 are my favorite cuts off his latest album. Google his sound cloud page as well there's a few bits up on it that haven't been released yet. And if ur digging the Prince vibe i suggest u check out an artist called Dam Funk. Some serious synth funk going on.

Likin' those two tracks myself, but High Hopes has to be my favourite. Liking Sitting Back, Tape This and To The Beat as well. Overall, impressed with the album.

Heard of Dam Funk too, though only when he's been featured, haven't put much time into listening to his own stuff so far.
    Onra is class. As is HudMo. There's such a glut of good instrumental hip hop and beatmusic at the moment I find it a bit exhausting keeping up with it.

I find anything associated with Alpha Pup records is pretty animal. Nocando is one of my favorite rappers of the last year or two as well.

Same man, constantly scouring the webz looking for stuff.

Aplha Pup I have not heard of, will look immediately.

EDIT: I have heard of em, recognise and have plenty of the albums on the front page :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

The thing about Dam Funk is his tracks can seem a tad overlong. Plus Toeachizown is a double album. His singing is a bit meh as well. My attention span has been destroyed from listening to too much 2 minute hip hop songs and flicking around on my mp3 player constantly however. His mixes float my boat a little more cos he's only played 4 minutes of each tune instead of the full 7.

Saw him live at jazz festival last year and I'd say it was top 5 gigs I've ever been at. Danced for 3 hours solid, and I barely ever dance.

I sent my ma into Plugd to buy the album last year (I wasn't in Cork and the shop was closing at the time) and the staff spent ages taking the piss out of her saying "are you sure it's not too funky for him?" etc. etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Chinoseries is great, thats all I've heard from Onra, apparently his style has changed a lot since then so I must check out his recent stuff

• Advertisement

horsebox09 wrote: »
    Chinoseries is great, thats all I've heard from Onra, apparently his style has changed a lot since then so I must check out his recent stuff

Ah yeah, the Long Distance album is completely different to it. Great variety in his music. Just remembered that he was playing Toronto last month. Sickened!!!

Cool bootleg mash-up with Jay-Z and a tune off Chinoiseries:

Here's a blend i done with Jays "Heart of The City" & Onra's "Send Me Your Love"

Here's a blend i done with Jays "Heart of The City" & Onra's "Send Me Your Love"

Have you any full length mixes up any where?

Dingin' choon man, likin it.

Have you any full length mixes up any where?

There all old mixes man but here u go.

This one is mainly laid back hip hop, tis a nice mix from smokers

How We Do From 93 Til......

This one is a hip hop, soul and r&b mix

The Crossover

There's another mix up on mixcloud if u want it, its the first installment of the Chop Shop Podcast. You'll find it here I have a download link for this somewhere, if ur feeling the mix let me know and i'll dig it out.

This is the most recent mix, but unfortunitly i was in d horrors when i recorded it, some nice tunes but the mixing at the may west. Enjoy

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Dingin' choon man, likin it.

Cheers dude

There all old mixes man but here u go.

This one is mainly laid back hip hop, tis a nice mix from smokers

How We Do From 93 Til......

This one is a hip hop, soul and r&b mix

The Crossover

There's another mix up on mixcloud if u want it, its the first installment of the Chop Shop Podcast. You'll find it here I have a download link for this somewhere, if ur feeling the mix let me know and i'll dig it out.

This is the most recent mix, but unfortunitly i was in d horrors when i recorded it, some nice tunes but the mixing at the may west. Enjoy

Nice one, will defo give them a listen over the weekend

Advertisement