Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Xbox Surround Sound Headset

• 02-11-2010 8:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭

Hi All,

I looking to buy a surround sound headset as the missus gets a bit annoyed by the sound of gunfire and "our uav is online" chatter :rolleyes: has anyone bought one of these or know of any good makes /

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I wouldn't bother with surround sound headphones, you will pay a huge premium.
    Just go for something like the Turtle Beach X11's, alot of people I know have them and swear by them for CoD.
    I've the PX21's (as I've a PS3 too) and found them grand, only had one game of CoD using them though, and I think it will take some getting used to but used them for hours on other games and they are good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Hi All,

I looking to buy a surround sound headset as the missus gets a bit annoyed by the sound of gunfire and "our uav is online" chatter :rolleyes: has anyone bought one of these or know of any good makes /

thanks

As the previous poster said, the stereo headsets are good but I can vouch for the Turtle Beach and Tritton surround sound headsets as being superior. Granted you pay more but if perfect sound is what you want then go with a surround sound model. They will set you back around €150 - €200 from http://www.limexb360.co.uk/

The Tritton's AXPro/720 deliver very crisp, perfect surround sound. However, they are wired. The Turtle Beach x41's are wireless and 7.1 surround sound. Due to being wireless, you loose a slight bit of the sharpness of the Tritton's but are still of extremely high quality.

Whereas the stereo headsets will identify whether gunfire is coming from left or right or straight ahead, with the surround sound headsets you'll be able to place exactly where an incoming round came from, you'll know if it came from 2 o'clock, 4 o'clock or 6 o'clock.

Regardless of whether you buy stereo or surround sound, gaming with a headset is definitely the way to go. The sound becomes a new dimension to the game that you'll never have appreciated fully without them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Can vouch for the Trittons. nothings better than hearing a ****er running up behind ya to knife you, spinning and shotgunning them away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Can vouch for the Trittons. nothings better than hearing a ****er running up behind ya to knife you, spinning and shotgunning them away.

Worse thing I ever did was selling them to you before I'd racked up your dogtags ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

I got the X11's in game for 59.99 and they are a grand job, I can't compare them to the other one's as I haven't tried them but they are well worth the money!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 eskoflip

I got the TB - X31's in Gamestop for €99. Makes games like battlefield BC2 sound way more amazing.

Advertisement