Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor phone problem

Options
  • 02-11-2010 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi all,

Looking for some advice from anyone in the know.
    My wife signed up to Meteor in August and last month, the phone she got with the package (LG) stopped working so she couldn't make or receive calls. We went on holiday for a few weeks and popped into the Meteor store over the weekend. When we explained the problem, we were told that because she was beyond the 28 day return period, she would have to send the phone back to LG. There was no movement and when
    I'm just wondering what if any action she can take to remedy the situation. The plan is no good to her if she can't make or recieve calls because she has no phone?

Thanks in advance,
    Muzz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Your contract is with the shop and they should make all effort to repair, replace or refund the phone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

dudara wrote: »
    Your contract is with the shop and they should make all effort to repair, replace or refund the phone.

Correct, they must send it back for you.

They also announced changes in terms and conditions in the press over the last few days, this means any meteor customer may terminate the contract with no penalties. Details HERE

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Muzzier23

Thanks for the info guys.
    Is there anything to stop my wife from cancelling the contract (Under the new terms) and then rejoining? I'm thinking that may be the fastest way to get sorted out? Either that or move to VF or O2 i suppose.

Thanks again folks!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Nothing. Once she cancels per that link she may rejoin straight away. There is a cancellations number there too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Muzzier23 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info guys.
    Is there anything to stop my wife from cancelling the contract (Under the new terms) and then rejoining? I'm thinking that may be the fastest way to get sorted out? Either that or move to VF or O2 i suppose.

Thanks again folks!

The very often try and get you to sign back up with a new contract (and if you want a new phone!)

but best option is to go on pay as you go and see what else is out there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Muzzier23

Well here's the update folks:
    My wife called the cancelations dept in Meteor and they said "the amendment to the contracts does not apply to you. The amendment only applies to anyone that signed up after the 28th of August". I had a good read through the site and couldn't find any evidence to suggest this. In fact I recall seeing something along the lines of "this will affect all voice users". Is she being fobbed off or is there any truth in this?

Thanks again folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Muzzier23 wrote: »
    Well here's the update folks:
    My wife called the cancelations dept in Meteor and they said "the amendment to the contracts does not apply to you. The amendment only applies to anyone that signed up after the 28th of August". I had a good read through the site and couldn't find any evidence to suggest this. In fact I recall seeing something along the lines of "this will affect all voice users". Is she being fobbed off or is there any truth in this?

Thanks again folks!

You were talking too someone you hadn't a clue. They were referring to the last change in contract where they changed from a per KB pricing too a up to 50mb bundle. The pricing of this is now changing to 69cent for the 50mb rather than 98c, so an improvement, but its still a change in the terms meaning you can break from the contract. This (meaning the 69cent) effects everyone, so they cant fob you off.

They are also changing the international pricing, from per second billing to per minute billing. This is another reason you can give for breakage. Hope this clears it up for you, and give you enough ammo for them :)

Advertisement