Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which AIB Credit Card

Options
  • 02-11-2010 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Im looking for advice on an AIB Credit Card. Its for my wife and wont be used for any big purchases. Its just so that she can track what she's bought instead of having to use the card on my account. I can then cancel her off mine and she can just use her own.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Assuming your wife is not a student, nor is she fabulously wealthy, there are only three to choose from: link.

For Platinum, which has a rewards scheme, your wife would have to be earning a certain amount. Not sure what it is, but I think it is around the 40K mark.

Then there is the Click. This is the cheapest card in terms of APR, and probably the one I'd recommend. I think to use it she would need to be an internet banking customer, but that is free and easy to set up.

The last is the "be" card. This is the standard card.

Ultimately, if she intends paying off the bill in full every month and has no need for a huge limit, then they are all pretty much the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,191 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

dotsman wrote: »

For Platinum, which has a rewards scheme,

Is there any companies that do rewards on your credit card? I use mine quite a bit.

OP I have a gold card with aib, the reason I chose it was the lower interest rate, if you qualify get the one with the lowest charges.

Is there any companies that do rewards on your credit card? I use mine quite a bit.
    On the platinum? No, by rewards, I meant the cashback. It's not a lot ( a few euro a year), but it's better than nothing!
    OP I have a gold card with aib, the reason I chose it was the lower interest rate, if you qualify get the one with the lowest charges.
    The Gold is gone now, as is the other one (think it was silver). I used to have the gold, but when it expired, they upgraded me to the platinum (lower interest again, bigger limit and the cash back rewards).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Thanks a million folks. Definitely not wealthy or anywhere near the 40k a year so I think she'll be applying for the "click" card. Means I dont have to keep paying off stuff I havent bought!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,191 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

dotsman wrote: »
    On the platinum? No, by rewards, I meant the cashback. It's not a lot ( a few euro a year), but it's better than nothing!

The Gold is gone now, as is the other one (think it was silver). I used to have the gold, but when it expired, they upgraded me to the platinum (lower interest again, bigger limit and the cash back rewards).

I was looking at the cash back, 0.5%'s not a lot, 25 euro if you spend 50k Do any banks do airmiles or gifts like American Express.

Must give them a call about the Platinum.

• Advertisement

I was looking at the cash back, 0.5%'s not a lot, 25 euro if you spend 50k Do any banks do airmiles or gifts like American Express.
    Exactly, not much, but better than nothing! Not aware of any that do air miles or anything like that (unless the ryanair card etc does) American Express is a charge card, so not really suitable for most people. Typically only used by companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Must give them a call about the Platinum.

actually €250 back if you spend €50k

Advertisement