Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Standing order late?

Options
  • 02-11-2010 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have a standing order setup for the first of the month which I have been paying for the past 4.5 years, only 6 months left on it.
    This month I loaned the missus the amount of the order which was meant to be put back yesterday, long story short, the money is not in the account to cover it?
    I rang the bank yessterday to tell them and they told me that they would check again today and then I would be charged an amount for it not being there?
    I assume it will be also marked as an arrear?
    I should have the money in the account at lunch time but am freaked out that it will be too late then.
    I am worried that this will show up on my credit rating which is perfect at the moment.
    I have never missed a payment for anything in my life and have recently moved back home to save for a deposit for a house which is going really well.
    Is there anything I can do to stop my credit rating suffering.
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

The bank would not usually mark it down straight away. You could pay it in person today, its not clear in your post what the standing order is for and from which bank its going from?
    Standing orders from one bank to another may take a couple of days to reach the account so you could actually pay it early. If the payment is in the same bank and you pay it today it might be a little late but i doubt it will show on the ICB.

If the payment was sent and the money was not there it will either be paid and you will be charged an unauthorised overdraft fee or it wont be sent from your current account and you will be charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Cheers for the reply.
    Loan is from BOI so its going from boi to boi.
    My GF is lodging it to the account as I type this so fingers crossed they pick it up today.

Advertisement