Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with itunes - running really slowly

• 02-11-2010 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

So I get a call from my grandad over the weekend telling me there's something wrong with his "i.t. tunes". He goes on to painfully demonstrate how, when he presses play it can take ~30 seconds for a song to start and then he had to speak very loudly to tell me the volume wouldn't work either.

I picked it up off him and sure enough, itunes had a very delayed response time. His whole computer (Dell Windows XP) is fairly slow but the problem definitely lies with itunes. Here's what was tried in order;
    • virus scan with avast - nothing
    • He had itunes v8 so I upgraded to v10 - no different.
    • The usual windows maintenance of defragmenting and removing unused/temp files
    • Stopping all unnecessary programs that start at startup
    • Turning off avast and wireless internet
    • Completely uninstalling itunes and reinstalling
    • Reinstalling XP which made is overall computer response time as good as new

After all that, the problem with itunes is still the same!! Really weird. It's not as easy as telling him to use another program because it took him a while to get used to itunes and it could be the most user friendly.

Anyone ever have a similar issue and more importantly, know what to do?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

uninstall itunes and install it back. (fresh copy) very strange tho!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

If you are reinstalling, first make sure you know where the actual files are... Unless you have them organised properly, you could spend a day trying to find them again..

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Kasycas

Thanks for the replies but my second last bullet point above was that I had tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I had backed up all the files so I was ok from that respect!

Advertisement