Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Xbox for global abuse

• 02-11-2010 10:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

So I usually go online to play MW2 and 95% of the time it goes like this..... into lobby and straight away an english/french/american/other accent says one of our names and calls us gay/noob/whatever. Or in fairness it can go the other way too. The boys I play with are hoors for this too. Immediate abuse thrown at each other usually involving our mothers sucking something or other or the word potato being repeating in a hollywood OIRISH accent.

Personally I'm sick to the teeth of this. If I go online without the lads I usually spend an hour trying to find a lobby in the 5% where there is no abuse and people are being more civil (jesus I sound like a real plank) but thats just the way it is.

Is this the general xbox experience. One of the boys was telling me that xbox were going to get rid of party chat alltogether... is this what they want? People to go online and abuse eachother?
    If you ask me they would be better off having party chat in all game modes on MW2. I'ld rather deal with cheaters the old fashioned way... shoot them and teabag them. sorted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭roboshatner

To be totally honest Ive never gone on line with the 2 x boxs that have had it.

But Microsoft are making a lot of money from it and I can't see them censoring it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

people are being more civil .

I'ld rather deal with cheaters the old fashioned way... shoot them and teabag them. sorted.

????? :confused::confused:

You come on here complaining about the level of civility and maturity on XBL....then you go and teabag folks?

Look... people are idots, thats the unfortunate fact.
    Teenagers more so are solid oak idots and online gaming has a disprportionate amount of them.

Hit the mute button, in failing that dont play online games. I wish I could provide a better solution but thats what we have to deal with for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭session savage

hightower1 wrote: »
    You come on here complaining about the level of civility and maturity on XBL....then you go and teabag folks?

Dont get me wrong, I dont mind a bit of imaturity, but its the abuse and racism I'm sick of.
    Teag baggin is hilarious, even when its on me. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Are you sure you aren't provoking the reactions somehow, because in my experience its more like 5% of games (if even) have racism etc being thrown about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭session savage

mcgovern wrote: »
    Are you sure you aren't provoking the reactions somehow, because in my experience its more like 5% of games (if even) have racism etc being thrown about.

I personally NEVER provoke. In fairness a couple of the lads I play with do from time to time. But they never did before, I think it was a case of get in there first.
    When I go on solo I find it the same though. I usually say nothing unless I'm spoken too. its just a pity that most of the time its my name followed by, 'is a fag'
    Wouldnt mind if we had played but thats usually my intro into the lobby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

I personally NEVER provoke. In fairness a couple of the lads I play with do from time to time. But they never did before, I think it was a case of get in there first.
    When I go on solo I find it the same though. I usually say nothing unless I'm spoken too. its just a pity that most of the time its my name followed by, 'is a fag'
    Wouldnt mind if we had played but thats usually my intro into the lobby.

There's been a million threads on this topic and the results are always the same!

It's very simple, use your mute button, don't lower yourself to acting as they do, file a compliant through xbox live because that's what it's there for and get on with enjoying yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

I have to say I'm getting very few lobbies with any one talkling in MW2 these days let alone being abusive.

However if your friends are idiots who provoke people what do you expect to happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Hecklar

The abuse thats thrown around in the lobby is 50% of the craic man. lol

I slag people off all the time, but only those who are giving it to me, I don't whine about it, its a bit of craic. usually its "have you got a caravan, a little green suit, or some potatoes etc etc to which i respond "Ye'll NEVER get me lucky Charms! sure ta be SURE!" and then lay into them in return avout their Ma, their sister, or their dead aunty i dug up and ravaged.

Half my friends list are people i met through abusing the shít outta them. :D

If your not into it, just add them to your avoid list and mute them. you'll have peace and quiet then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

its just a pity that most of the time its my name followed by, 'is a fag'

Do they call you a fag before or after you tea bag them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

i find thats mostly just MW2 in fairness, the average age of players seem to 10-12 year olds which is shocking for the game that it is!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭maximoose

Party chat rules.

Advertisement