Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got parking tickets at county finals?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

gizmo73 wrote: »
    The car park that was in one of schools ,St Enda`s i think, was charging €5. Where was this money going to considering in the city and other places street parking is free on a Sunday??

Hopefully to the school, they could do with it!

CC

PS: It's a lot cheaper than a parking ticket and only slightly more expensive than paying for a return fare on the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

€5 to park in Enda's sounds fair considering what you now have to pay in a parking fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭extraice

The car park that was in one of schools ,St Enda`s i think, was charging €5. Where was this money going to considering in the city and other places street parking is free on a Sunday??

just asked and told the school make , help two run the cost off the school upkeep ... heatting light and so on ...

will it cheap then 40 euros for parking legally " road works on Bishop O Donnell rd" and there yellow lines aswell so you Parked legally
    there 3 lanes on that road ... so you blocked one up then The level of the charge to be applied in respect of most of the parking offences will be €40. In the case of all fixed charges a person has 28 days from the date of the fixed charge notice to pay. This will increase by 50% for the subsequent 28 days. Only following expiry of that 56-day period will court proceedings be initiated. Again 5 euros would better then 40

street parking is free on a Sunday?? in your case it not

are where car where parking fines where give out due to Park legally

Threadneedle Road on the Grass and paths both side off the road
    western side of Knocknacarra Cross bus stop , drive ways and Green park be side bus stop .
    Dr. Mannix Road car parked on junctions .
    Rockbarton Road car parked on paths .
    on the publc parks at Devon park oaklands salthill
    Rockbarton North yellow lines
    Revagh Road Yellow lines

Parking Restrictions to be strictly adhered to:
    No Parking in

* Rockbarton North
    * Revagh Road,
    * Rockbarton Road from its junction with Revagh Road to the south-west entrance to Pearse Stadium. ( by the Salthill park ESB substation ) ... who parked there ... )
    * Ard na Mara
    * Glenard Avenue blocked with parking on both side with car up on Grass
    * Glenard Crescent
    * Dalton Drive
    * Dalysfort Road, Northern side
    * Dr. Mannix Avenue
    * The Maples
    * Oaklands
    * Park Avenue, off Dalysfort Road. From Knocknacarra, Cross to Threadneedle Road / Taylors Hill Junction.
    Fire brigade vehicles or ambulances could not get up most the small road
    House fire , sorry can you wait until the match is over Please we be out to you then
    heart attack golden hour to AE . sorry match on, Call back later . it joke

where i from Mardrid , we used Bus to go to the matches .. walk most the way from stop . and njoy getting fit ..

sorry english not good ...

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭extraice

was that you on GBFM on monday ...... ? god sound lot like you ......

Pay it and get done with it , and please dont do it again whont have to pay a fine then

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭gizmo73

extraice wrote: »
    was that you on GBFM on monday ...... ? god sound lot like you ......

Pay it and get done with it , and please dont do it again whont have to pay a fine then

Was that who?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Dr McManus

Just wondering if anyone got parking tickets at county finals in Pearse stadium on Sunday. We parked on the hill at Bishop O Donnell rd along with 20 other cars at the time and walked down. Had a ticket on window when got back, just wondering if anyone else got one?? Thought it was a bit much given the games were on. Them guards wouldn`t want to have seen Athenry 2 weeks ago for them games.

No, I didn't receive a parking ticket.
    People that recognise my Range Rover know better than to put a ticket on it.
    However I had to laugh when a wheel clamper could not get his wheel clamp to fit my 20" alloys. When I explained who I was, he realised his mistake and apologised profusely. When you are a member of certain organisations; parking tickets, and wheel clamps, are no longer an issue. My comrades and I park where we like in the Republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

It's €30 for a terrace ticket in Thomond, Heineken Cup. There isn't any problem with parking around the estates as the Gardai have it well marshaled. Only for them it would be messy though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Dr McManus wrote: »
    However I had to laugh when a wheel clamper could not get his wheel clamp to fit my 20" alloys. When I explained who I was, he realised his mistake and apologised profusely. When you are a member of certain organisations; parking tickets, and wheel clamps, are no longer an issue. My comrades and I park where we like in the Republic.

are you jerry adams ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Dr McManus

hondasam wrote: »
    are you jerry adams ??

Its Gerry Adams (not Jerry).
    No, I am Dr McManus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

*grabs a Seat!*
    :pac:;):D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Who controls the British Crown? Who keeps the metric system down? Dr McManus does.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Who holds back the electric car, who makes Steve Guttenberg a star?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

you are so full of sh!t

what "organisation" are you a member of and why do you keep refering to your mighty Range Rover in threads?
    I'll hazzard a guess that you really drive a micra!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Sconsey

They should have had a big car park in the plans when doing up Pearse Stadium. Only in Ireland
    kraggy wrote: »
    Where are people supposed to park when there's a big game on in Pearse Stadium?
    dartsfan wrote: »
    Absolute disgrace, where are people supposed to park if they can't park on the side of the road?
    And as for the guards saying they had people warned, well not every one would have heard of this.
    Either do it for every match or don't do it at all.

People are supposed to park in the car parks which were submitted by the GAA as part of the planning application for redevelopment of the stadium years ago, trouble is they never bothered to deliver on their plans, and the council never bothered to enforce their own planning conditions so now we have fecked up situation being discussed here.
    cardoor wrote: »
    If I won the Euro Millions I would build the GAA a new Stadium in a better location and I would then turn Pearse Stadium into a Halting Site along with a Methadone Clinic and an Off License that sells Buckfast at Cost Price.
    Good man, you do that, spend all your money on lottery tickets. Clever lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

yes I noticed when I was going for a run on Sunday that the cars were everywhere - having lived up there for a few years I can completely understand residents getting upset when people come in on their private estates and park whereever they want not considering the actual people that live there.

Also bunker's land seemed to have a good few cars in there - I wonder was he charging them, letting them park for free or just didn't know anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dessie23

What about cars that were parked that were causing no obstruction? I was parked on the grass not disrupting residents or anyone else and the only reason I got a ticket is because the guards had nothing better to do. Ok, it was probably technically an offence but does all sense of fairness go out the window when you out on a garda uniform?

I don't know why everyone is up on their high horse saying things like "if you don't want a ticket park legally". People were parked in perfectly reasonable places where they had done for the last 20 years, not troubling anyone. Looks like common sense lost out last Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

You've answered your own question here.

Question:
    dessie23 wrote: »
    What about cars that were parked that were causing no obstruction?

Answer:
    Ok, it was probably technically an offence

Park legally = no ticket. Simple.

Col200sx wrote: »
    You've answered your own question here.

Question:

Answer:

Park legally = no ticket. Simple.

So what? Should the Gardai start enforcing everything to the letter of the law then? If you got a speeding fine for doing 121 kph on a motorway would that seem just? This is the same kind of thing we're talking about and if we start taking that approach we are going to end up living in a nanny state.

I think the garda should have used his discretion in this case along with many others and everybody would be happy, except maybe people like you who live in some fairytale world.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I think the garda should have used his discretion in this case along with many others and everybody would be happy, except maybe people like you who live in some fairytale world.

He did use his discretion and you were duly nicked for "Blatant Abandonmentness" of a car on grass.

Put the 4 wheels on tarmac next time like a good lad and you will not get a ticket.

There is plenty of parking space in and around and near the stadium. Fer chrissakes there is a normally empty 300 space underground carpark only 10 minutes walk away at Dunnes Knocknacarra. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

So what?

Well it's quite simple. They issued enough warnings through all the local media. If people did not heed them, that's their own fault.
    except maybe people like you who live in some fairytale world.

If I go to a match, or any function regardless of what it is, I park legally. So I'm not living in a "fairytale world" as you put it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭eagle10

A true A$$hole

Col200sx wrote: »
    Well it's quite simple. They issued enough warnings through all the local media. If people did not heed them, that's their own fault.

If I go to a match, or any function regardless of what it is, I park legally. So I'm not living in a "fairytale world" as you put it.

Local media isn't much good for people who travelled from outside the reach of Galway Bay FM.

When I was parking a Garda passed twice and didn't say a word, so if they were so interested in warning people, why not just say it then?

I tried using common sense when parking but it seems that the Gardai and other posters here want to send more money into the coffers of our useless government regardless of how stupid a law is, which has started to be enforced overnight.

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    He did use his discretion and you were duly nicked for "Blatant Abandonmentness" of a car on grass.

Put the 4 wheels on tarmac next time like a good lad and you will not get a ticket.

There is plenty of parking space in and around and near the stadium. Fer chrissakes there is a normally empty 300 space underground carpark only 10 minutes walk away at Dunnes Knocknacarra. :(

I could have put four wheels on the tarmac as there were no double yellow lines where i parked and therefore disrupt traffic, would this make more sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Local media isn't much good for people who travelled from outside the reach of Galway Bay FM.

When I was parking a Garda passed twice and didn't say a word, so if they were so interested in warning people, why not just say it then?

I tried using common sense when parking but it seems that the Gardai and other posters here want to send more money into the coffers of our useless government regardless of how stupid a law is, which has started to be enforced overnight.
    I could have put four wheels on the tarmac as there were no double yellow lines where i parked and therefore disrupt traffic, would this make more sense?

surely you know yourself whether you are parking legally or not?
    you hardly need the media or guards to tell you that do you?
    do you know the rules of the road?

the problem some GAA fans appear to have is that they have gotten away with it for so long they are disgruntled that the law is actually being enforced now and cars are being ticketed

put yourself in the shoes of local residents who have to put up with this disruption every time there's a match
    remember the poster who said someone parked in her driveway:eek:

what if you had a buggy or were in a wheelchair and forced to go onto a busy main road risking your life just because a sports fan was
    A. too lazy to park further away and walk to the match or
    B. too stingy to pay to park safely and legally in a designated carpark

Think of the serious implications this haphazard parking could cause for emergency services trying to get to someone in the area

Obviously you parked illegally if you got a ticket...you don't get a smaller fine because you think other cars parked worse than you

Other posters here have shown thoughtfulness and responsibility when they make arrangements for going to a match

you could take a leaf from their book

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

I don't know why everyone is up on their high horse saying things like "if you don't want a ticket park legally". People were parked in perfectly reasonable places where they had done for the last 20 years, not troubling anyone.Looks like common sense lost out last Sunday.

No it looks like inconsiderate assh0les lost out last Sunday :D. Laws are made for a reason, just because you think it is reasonable doesn't mean it is. Have you allowed for every sistuation e.g fire engine needing access etc You obey the law not make them up

Yes, perfect sense as you wouldn't be breaking the law. The fact that you thought of this, didn't do it and come on here trying to defend your blating breaking of the law says a whole lot really. Pay your fine and learn your lesson, although I would imagine the pigheadedness of some GAA fans will see them get more tickets

No it looks like inconsiderate assh0les lost out last Sunday :D. Laws are made for a reason, just because you think it is reasonable doesn't mean it is. Have you allowed for every sistuation e.g fire engine needing access etc You obey the law not make them up

Yes, perfect sense as you wouldn't be breaking the law. The fact that you thought of this, didn't do it and come on here trying to defend your blating breaking of the law says a whole lot really. Pay your fine and learn your lesson, although I would imagine the pigheadedness of some GAA fans will see them get more tickets

The thing is that I did allow for a fire engine because it is something that I am very conscious of, that's why I parked up on the grass out of the way.

Had I parked on the road which would have been legal, then the fire truck would have had difficulty passing, but yet that makes "perfect sense"?

To the poster before you, like I said I was not causing any obstruction and I would never condone parking in anyone's driveway without their permission. If my actions had caused anyone in a wheelchair, etc. to go out on to the road then give me all the tickets in the world as I would have deserved them.

I do know the rules of the road and know that if I had parked out on the road it would have been legal but it wouldn't have made sense as it would have slowed down the flow of traffic.

A bit of fairness would have went a long way here.

Anyway that's all I'm saying on the subject as I'm not going to be able to change some of your opinions and vice versa and some are happy to judge from the armchair.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Then you could have been ticketed for causing an obstruction or, even worse, towed away. Get there nice and early for the replay on sunday week and you will find a legal parking spot for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Well I have never ever gotten a parking ticket as I park legally. I do my parking in a car obviously not an armchair.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭eagle10

Damn reds come to town think they can park wherever they like!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭gizmo73

magentas wrote: »

what if you had a buggy or were in a wheelchair and forced to go onto a busy main road risking your life just because a sports fan was
    A. too lazy to park further away and walk to the match or

Think of the serious implications this haphazard parking could cause for emergency services trying to get to someone in the area

I was parked 10 min walk away on far side of taylors hill and got ticket.Half on path you would easily fit 7 people wide, and half on road where you easily fit 3 fire trucks wide.......Obstruction i think not

Advertisement