If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a tv for new house :)

Options
  • 02-11-2010 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Have recently moved out of the family home and missing the 42" my parents had :p

So I need a tv, I'm thinking 37, 40 or 42".
    I'm not concerned with having full 1080p (sure it'd be nice but the price would have to justify it!) and because of that it seems 42" is almost the same price because you can get 42" 720 plasmas for fairly cheap, anyway we'll see what ye can offer :)

I'd like to be able to connect my laptop to it to play any movies/videos ect I might have. My laptop just has a standard Vga port, but I might get a proper media player if needs be. It'll mostly be used for watching entertainment channels, we're not big on sports so 100hz isn't necessary. It'll be used for the xbox 360 too though!

We're basically looking for the best tv at the cheapest price, wouldn't really want to spend more than 500 (unless it's a "can't say no" offer :) ) as looking around I've found tv's for that or under that would do!

Also might be interested in a tv stand, but again not essential.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

Oh and of course mpeg4 for digtal tv too, since we're "suppose" to have that in a few months!

And delivery to Cork too.

Any offers for me? Will be looking local soon and might pick one up here in Cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Invincible

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056078009

Did you see these offers,40" Phillips included !

Invincible wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056078009

Did you see these offers,40" Phillips included !

Yup I did, at 600 pound before delivery it's a good bit higher than 500 euro!
    Good tv but as I said I don't want to be paying for lots of higher specs that make no odds to me really!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Invincible

How about this one?
    I've got LG from Richersounds and Mpeg4 is on board.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/lg/42ld450/lg-42ld450

• Advertisement

Invincible wrote: »
    How about this one?
    I've got LG from Richersounds and Mpeg4 is on board.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/lg/42ld450/lg-42ld450

I was just about to post about that tv, saw it on the Irish site. https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=938&Mode=0&CategoryID=6&SUB=44&ProductID=1048

Powercity have it too, but they do free delivery so works out roughly the same cost when you add the delivery from Richer. But if I order today PowerCity can have it to me tomorrow!

So RicherSounds what's the best super duper boardsie price ye can give me on this tv :D

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

babo9 wrote: »
    I was just about to post about that tv, saw it on the Irish site. https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=938&Mode=0&CategoryID=6&SUB=44&ProductID=1048

Powercity have it too, but they do free delivery so works out roughly the same cost when you add the delivery from Richer. But if I order today PowerCity can have it to me tomorrow!

So RicherSounds what's the best super duper boardsie price ye can give me on this tv :D

Babo,

PM sent & Apologies for the delay getting back to you...

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Babo,

PM sent & Apologies for the delay getting back to you...

ATB,

John Mc

Thanks for the reply John, pm sent back :)

Well I must say I'm absolutely delighted :) Ordered tv Thursday and had it Saturday night :D

Thanks to John and all at Richersounds, I got an unbelieveable deal (still can't believe it! :eek:).

I went into Harvey Normans at the weekend during their SUPER SALE and the same tv was there for 120 euro more :D

Thanks again, Richersounds are certainly doing it right here on boards and I would use them again in a heartbeat!!

*off to watch tv on the new 42 inch :D*

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

babo9 wrote: »
    Well I must say I'm absolutely delighted :) Ordered tv Thursday and had it Saturday night :D

Thanks to John and all at Richersounds, I got an unbelieveable deal (still can't believe it! :eek:).

I went into Harvey Normans at the weekend during their SUPER SALE and the same tv was there for 120 euro more :D

Thanks again, Richersounds are certainly doing it right here on boards and I would use them again in a heartbeat!!

*off to watch tv on the new 42 inch :D*

Babo,

many thanks for the kind words - we really do appreciate the business and it's the icing on the cake if a Boardie does come back and take the time to say thanks,

Thanks again and we hope to hear from you again soon,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.