Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VTOS and Maternity leave

Options
  • 02-11-2010 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi I am currently doing a Fetac/VTOS course and in receipt of VTOS payments but will be going on maternity in about 9 weeks, my VTOS co-ordinator said that I need so sign off of the VTOS payment and sign on to social welfare maternity payments, I went to the social welfare office to enquire about going on maternity leave and they were unsure what I should be applying for.
    Has anyone any idea of what I should apply for or what happens as I only have a couple of weeks to sort it out before the baby arrives?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭pamweld

Can anyone help me??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 hmellen

contact your local citizens advice centre (addresses and phone numbers on their website) as they are great for this type of information, best of luck with the new arrival,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Illness Benefit maybe? Speak with your doctor and see if he would give you a cert - you can then get paid by your CWO.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭pamweld

Thanks for your replies, much appreciated! I went to citizens information and they were very helpful, they said that I need to sign on to jobseekers after I sign off with vtos, its just a technicality as they know I wont be seeking employment, when the baby is born then I can apply for one parent family or stay on jobseekers - which ever suits my circumstances. ON jobseekers you dont have to be actively looking for work or need to sign on for 4 weeks before the baby is due and 8 weeks after the baby is born due to obivious reasons.
    Hope this helps other people too as it is a real grey area that even the social welfare are vague about.:pac:

Advertisement