Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Spurs fans out there convening in some city centre pub for..

Options
  • 02-11-2010 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭

tonights game? I know that the Evergreen is usually a hotspot but I was hoping that we could commandeer a pub tonight in the city centre.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

For those interested Bob Fox's have said that they will show it if there are people there to watch it. I'll be there to watch it so I guess that they'll be showing it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 ryano77

evergreen in turners cross is the place to go for the spurs games. decent gang of fans there tonight. and what a night it was:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

The Spurs game was also shown in The Courthouse Tavern last night and there was a small group of Spurs fans in there.

ryano77 wrote: »
    evergreen in turners cross is the place to go for the spurs games. decent gang of fans there tonight. and what a night it was:D

Thought that it'd be a bit far to trek but, with the benefit of hindsight, I would have walked for miles to see last nights game. Saw it in Bob Fox's wh weren't arsed about showing the UTD game - fair play! Bale = Genius! I'll be walking around with a smile on my face all week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Interested to find a proper gathering point for games. Evergreen is a mission from my place.

• Advertisement

Lots of Spurs fans go to Instinct I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

RoverJames wrote: »
    lol :D

no_U.jpg

Kold wrote: »
    Interested to find a proper gathering point for games. Evergreen is a mission from my place.

Me too. Since Bob Fox's showed the Spurs game instead of the UTD game last Tuesday they might be willing to accommodate a regular Spurs crowd. The Bolton game this Saturday is being televised. I'll be working however :(

Lemag wrote: »
    I'll be working however :(

Cracking game in fairness, Bale didn't look the best player in the World though :pac:

• Advertisement

Cracking game in fairness, Bale didn't look the best player in the World though :pac:

:(

It's all about the CL. Not too sure what we'll be playing for next season though.

Bob Fox's showing the Sunderland game on Tuesday?

Bob Fox's showing the Sunderland game on Tuesday?

Probably not as it's not being broadcast by either Sky, Setanta or ESPN. I've sent an email to one of their employees with the list of satellite channels which are showing it and he said that he'd get back to me but I haven't heard yet.

The Everygreen will be showing it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

Poor performance from Spurs - didn't deserve any more :(

What? We dominated them but couldn't finish and got sucker punched on their only effort on goal..

Bale put in another world class performance :pac:

We played well up to the goal, let in a stupid equaliser and their keeper didn't have a save to make between that and the end of the game. 5 points behind Man City now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

'We'...?

Evidently there is a litany of North Londoners in Cork city these days.

I'm from North London.

Orizio wrote: »
    'We'...?

Evidently there is a litany of North Londoners in Cork city these days.

Kold got in before me, the chap is a genuine Spurs fan :)

• Advertisement

WHL wrote: »
    We played well up to the goal, let in a stupid equaliser and their keeper didn't have a save to make between that and the end of the game. 5 points behind Man City now

Tottenham born (in Cork since I was 8) and a club member for 33 years. So it is "we" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

So I was right then?

There is indeed a litany of North Londoners in Cork city these days. ;)

Irish born and Irish lived for my entire existence thus far but when discussing the highs and lows of Spurs I've been proudly chucking myself in to the proverbial 'we' since the mid/late '80's :D Show me a fan who doesn't** It's about being part of a group, no? Just ask your Da RJ
    I saw him in there last night!:D

**there may be some but I'd be sure that they'd be in the minority.

Orizio wrote: »
    So I was right then?

There is indeed a litany of North Londoners in Cork city these days. ;)

And we are both very happy after "most" games this season :D

Bob Fox's tomorrow night for more Gareth Bale and VDV awesomeness?

Sorry. Won't be able to make it. Will be sitting in the Paxton in the freezing cold :D

WHL wrote: »
    Sorry. Won't be able to make it. Will be sitting in the Paxton in the freezing cold :D

Lucky you. If we secure qualification through to the next round tomorrow night I'll be well jealous.

Any other takers? I should be there regardless.

I might drop down. It's pretty close to Crawford and I'm trying to get thesis done.

I might drop down. It's pretty close to Crawford and I'm trying to get thesis done.
    You'll never forgive your thesis if you miss the occasion that Spurs qualify for the knockout stages of the CL :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement