Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stink at McDonalds Drive-Thru Maynooth

Options
  • 02-11-2010 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭

Has anybody noticed the awful smell (like rotten eggs or a toilet after someone ill has been in) at the window of the drive-thru where you pay for your food? It must be coming out of a vent or something as you can only smell it in that specific spot, when you move to the next window to get the food its gone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Curlz24

If you look back in your mirror when you go forward you'll see theres a large drain directly under the window!!!

Somebody should contact managment or the correct people involved in this!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

:eek:

There's a Maccers in Maynooth????????

*grabs car keys*

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

xzanti wrote: »
    :eek:

There's a Maccers in Maynooth????????

*grabs car keys*
    and its 24hr
    i was working late one night and got a meal at 4:30am

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Indeed, as McDonalds DriveThrus go, this is a decent one. Not sure how long they can sustain 24hr, mind. Friendly staff, and while mistakes happen they've always been very apologetic.

There's a gulf in the quality of food and service between them and the one in Lucan.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

AFAIK this McD's is actually run by McDonalds themselves, not a franchisee. During the week they get students up there at all hours, and at the weekends people have been know to grab a cab in the main st and on their way home actually send the taxi through the drive thru! Busy little place any time I've visited, and re quality, yep, I don't think I've ever had a remotely soggy chip there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

SQ2 wrote: »
    AFAIK this McD's is actually run by McDonalds themselves, not a franchisee. During the week they get students up there at all hours, and at the weekends people have been know to grab a cab in the main st and on their way home actually send the taxi through the drive thru! Busy little place any time I've visited, and re quality, yep, I don't think I've ever had a remotely soggy chip there!
    lol i did exactly that in waterford, a few of us were staying in the travel lodge beside mcd's, after a night out they wouldnt serve us unless we went to the drive thru in a car
    perfect timing as there was a taxi at the travel lodge

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭HelenT

I am not a McD fan at all but was convinced by my O.H. to treat our daughter to one. I told the lad at the window that there was a really bad smell and he said something like "Oh I know, ppl complain all the time, there is a problem with the sewerage pipes"

That confirmed my longterm hate affair with McDs. The smell is seriously bad and they are doing nothing to rectify it. I am surprised that it passes Health and Safety inspections! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Would have considered myself something of a foodie in pre recessionary times but have to concede that its hard to argue with three Happy Meals for around a tenner and the Maynooth McDs is a pleasant enough spot to spend 30 mins (certainly as 'these' kinda places go-dont think Lucan is THAT bad either ))(daVincis in Leixlip is still far and away king for family friendly meals in this area)(Pleasantly surprised recently in Michelangelos ,Celbridge one Sunday ,when asking for a half portion of pasta for my 2 and 4 year olds to be offered a QUARTER portion for the little one on the advice of the 'man in charge' .Come to think of it Happy Meals ,Kids Portions etc are normally plenty for all but the hungriest of adults...Avoca Naas Rd do a massive 'kids meal too' -small bowl pasta ,juice carton and MONSTER cookie all for 6 quid)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭moonshinerocks

Another thing which annoys me about McDonalds in Maynooth is the seating area. There are hardly any tables, most of the seats are at counters which is not very family friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Seriously OP youre entitled to your opinion but my 2 and 4 year old LOVE it there ,in fact I think the seating is spot on ,at least around 5pm on a Friday ...(believe me I have no love for fast food joints but I feel youre being a bit unfair -theres no smell IN the restaurant)

• Advertisement

I know there's no smell in the restaurant. I just wanted to know what the smell at the drive-thru was all about, or if anyone else had noticed it, that's all. My 6 year loves going there too. I just find it is awkward sitting at the counter as you can't move the seats in or out. Every time I go there the tables and chairs are taken but there's always plenty of counter spots free. I just feel the counters are more suited to individuals but I guess everybody is different :)

ytareh wrote: »
    Would have considered myself something of a foodie in pre recessionary times but have to concede that its hard to argue with three Happy Meals for around a tenner and the Maynooth McDs is a pleasant enough spot to spend 30 mins (certainly as 'these' kinda places go-dont think Lucan is THAT bad either ))(daVincis in Leixlip is still far and away king for family friendly meals in this area)(Pleasantly surprised recently in Michelangelos ,Celbridge one Sunday ,when asking for a half portion of pasta for my 2 and 4 year olds to be offered a QUARTER portion for the little one on the advice of the 'man in charge' .Come to think of it Happy Meals ,Kids Portions etc are normally plenty for all but the hungriest of adults...Avoca Naas Rd do a massive 'kids meal too' -small bowl pasta ,juice carton and MONSTER cookie all for 6 quid)

It is more like €13 for 3 happy meals as they are about €4.25 each. It is obviously very child friendly in that they can make a racket/mess and nobody cares. Add to that 2 adult meals and you've got a bill of around €26. Bring it up to €30+ if anybody wants dessert. Not bad, but not as cheap as people think. Having said all that I love McDonalds, probably eat their food - be it in Maynooth or the city centre - once every fortnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 wafflebottom

It is more like €13 for 3 happy meals as they are about €4.25 each. It is obviously very child friendly in that they can make a racket/mess and nobody cares. Add to that 2 adult meals and you've got a bill of around €26. Bring it up to €30+ if anybody wants dessert. Not bad, but not as cheap as people think. Having said all that I love McDonalds, probably eat their food - be it in Maynooth or the city centre - once every fortnight.

its €11.25 for 3 happy meals, as I work in the discussed branch, and i would just like everyone to be clear that it is actually grease traps, so whoever mentioned how we pass health and safety, we pass with flying colours

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

its €11.25 for 3 happy meals, as I work in the discussed branch, and i would just like everyone to be clear that it is actually grease traps

To be fair to McDonalds, they also offer healthy alternatives on their menu.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

its €11.25 for 3 happy meals, as I work in the discussed branch, and i would just like everyone to be clear that it is actually grease traps, so whoever mentioned how we pass health and safety, we pass with flying colours

Well Wafflebottom, could yiz sort it out please? Its pretty ****in gross:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 wafflebottom

newmug wrote: »
    Well Wafflebottom, could yiz sort it out please? Its pretty ****in gross:mad:[/QUOTE

thats not up to me, it only seems to be bad once a week, just before they're collected. its like any organic matter, it does go a bit stinky after a few days:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

newmug wrote: »
    Well Wafflebottom, could yiz sort it out please? Its pretty ****in gross:mad:[/QUOTE

thats not up to me, it only seems to be bad once a week, just before they're collected. its like any organic matter, it does go a bit stinky after a few days:D

What a smart ass retort. I wonder will you still be laughing if people don't go there because of the rank odour, and you get laid off?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Behave, folks..

Advertisement