Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are Husqvarna mowers like?

Options
  • 02-11-2010 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Have a dealer near me & was thinking of investing for next year - looking at the R152SV (here).
    Any thoughts...I'm a bit wary of its heavy steel deck (hard to manoevure) & plastic wheels!
    If anyone's got one I'd be grateful for the feedback before plunging,

Cheers as always

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Excellent and very reliable machines. Tough workhorses and very affordable. Hus petrol mowers are also sold sometimes under the Flymo.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mastermichael20

Can give carb trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

I bought the LC48V earlier this year and the only fault i can find with it is that the chute between the collection basket and the deck can get blocked easily if the grass is in anyway damp.. other than that there has been no issues..

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭40701085

Many thanks for that advice.

Today have also come across this fella for a nip over €620 and am finding it hard to walk away! :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

i sold my castle garden as wasnt happy with it. lacked power even though tuned to the last. i had the auto drive and when under pressure wouldnt move lawnmower even when pressed back full. got castlegarden this year and am much happier with it. lots more power. i got a 3 speed one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

i sold my castle garden as wasnt happy with it. lacked power even though tuned to the last. i had the auto drive and when under pressure wouldnt move lawnmower even when pressed back full. got castlegarden this year and am much happier with it. lots more power. i got a 3 speed one.

< sold my castle garden vs got castlegarden this year and am much happier with it />

Are we down to punctuation differences here:eek: knew joining the EEC was bad idea

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Jonsered are the "cheaper" version of the Huskys, so you could get most of the Husky but with a different brand and badge! :)

I got one today!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

Carlow52 wrote: »
    < sold my castle garden vs got castlegarden this year and am much happier with it />

Are we down to punctuation differences here:eek: knew joining the EEC was bad idea

sorry should have been = sold my husqvarna
    anyway as far as i know castlegarden dont come with autodrives

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭celticmicky

Have you considered buying a Snapper lawnmower? We sell alot of them to the south in our shop with absolutely no complaints at all (Snapper SE Line ESPV21675). They are 21" and have a briggs and stratton auto choke engine and hydrostatic drive. Definately a better machine than the Husqvarna anyway.

Advertisement