Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's your experience level poll

• 02-11-2010 1:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭

Just thought I'd throw up a poll to gauge the experience level and main boating interests on the Sailing & Boating forum.

You are telling us the years experience on the water and the main type of boating you are in to.

I have about 24 years on the water now. Started sailing/racing dinghies at age 9. Got my first boat at age 15, a Laser. Drove crash/rescue boats for the club as well around this time as well as doing a bit of big boat racing.

Went to work at sea at age 17 and stayed working on ships until around age 25, did a lot more RIB work while in the North sea.

I currently have a small keel boat (for sale by the way!!) which I rarely use, I mainly just head out on buddy’s boats, the sparkle of boat ownership has well and truly passed for me.

Years boating experience and main boating interests 37 votes

Less than 1 year on the water
    0%
    Between 1 - 5 years on the water
    0%
    5 - 10 years on the water
    5%
    AlkersPWR 2 votes
    10+ years on the water
    2%
    Richersounds.ie: John 1 vote
    Primarily Racing yachts
    51%
    CoyoteCionnTowStevePete67TabnabsHifivemurphym7Crocmiss no starscbreezeBAOsophie1234t wexNorwayvikingnerisfergal.bAlfreadoQuiet you 19 votes
    Primarily cruising yachts
    21%
    CoyoteCionnAlkersSteveCrocmiss no starscbreezeneris 8 votes
    Primarily Racing Dinghies
    13%
    Richersounds.ie: JohnPete67murphym7CrocPWR 5 votes
    Primarily Motor
    5%
    t wexAlfreado 2 votes

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 208 ✭✭Alfreado

Primarily Motor
    My parents have always sailed so I've been sailing since I was 3 months old (im 26 now)! Started the ususal sailing courses when I was old enough. First boat was a Optimist, then moved into a Topper (sailed in the worlds in Antrim in 2000) and then moved into a laser radial and then a full rig. Drifted away from dinghies 'cos of college and just sailed with my parents/crewed with friends and am back at laser racing now.

Advertisement