Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Custom Contact Sheet

• 02-11-2010 1:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    I'm trying to find software for an in-club photo competition judging. Googling has come up with nothing.

What I'd like to do is have the thumbnail on the LHS, some of the EXIF fields in the middle and then space for comments on the RHS.

Is there any software that can do this, even one that generates HTML?

Thanks,
    Karl

PS I don't have Adobe anything :-)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Irfanview - free for personal use - will kinda do what you are asking perhaps without the specific layout that you are looking for.

In it browse thumbnails - select all images you want - right mouse click - create contact sheet

In the "write file infos" section you can add EXIF tags that you wish to display (they're all listed in the help file) for example;

$E33434 - ExposureTime
    $E33437 - FNumber
    $E34850 - ExposureProgram
    $E34855 - ISOSpeedRatings

There are lots of options to play with so it may even be possible to lay them out as you are looking for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

qimage will do it, but i dont think there is a free version

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭KAGY

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    Irfanview - free for personal use - will kinda do what you are asking perhaps without the specific layout that you are looking for.

In it browse thumbnails - select all images you want - right mouse click - create contact sheet

Great stuff, I used the export to html option. I was able to go into the html template they had and modify it for my use. Only thing was I wasn't able to add in the EXIF info although it had the options for it (even tried $E for all). It was a bit of a rush job
    Final editing in Word though I could probably skip this step with better editing of the html file, maybe adding a CSS.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

cool!

I found the file infos needed a comma between each element - for example:

$E271, $E272

works fine for me.

Would the exif by any chance have been stripped somewhere in the workflow?

I'm glad it was useful for you.

Cheers,

Tommy.

Advertisement