Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dyspraxia

• 02-11-2010 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi all!

We have just found out that our 8 year old lad has dyspraxia and sensory processing disorders. We are going to see an occupational therapist in 2 weeks to fully assess him. I was wondering if anyone out there who has experience of dyspraxia could please let me know how I go about finding out what support he will be entitled to in school - he already goes with 5 others to a support teacher a few times a week as also has dyslexia and dyscalcula. I know the OT will fill us in but I'm anxious to know...

Many thanks in advance,

Pip

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Dyspraxia may allow him to get resource hours, if it is impacting on him educationally (which it probably is, if he is already getting learning support)Who diagnosed him?
    http://www.dyspraxiadcdcork.ie/ has an excellent free printable booklet on their website with tips and hints. Were there any suggestions made about assistive technology such as a laptop?PM if you wish, I'm in learning support/resource.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

Hi Pippas and a warm welcome to Boards.ie. I have sent you a pm about your request for info about support for dyspraxia. Hope it will be of help to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 snap_happy

hi, i'm new here, my son is 8 and he too has been diagnosed with dyspraxia and "autistic traits".The school have organised an extra teacher for him 3 days a week (an hour a time) and he has fairly regular OT. We have to meet (without him) on tusday with a psycologist as they want to assess him again... would love to learn ways to help him

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭danny004

Snap Happy
    our son has been diagnosed exactly the same last week dyspraxia with traits of aspergers ,we are really worried for his future and quality of life and difficulties he will face. Its hard for us to take in because 90% of what he does and how he behaves seem quite normal but the classic signs are all there. I wonder do the majority of people go on to lead a normal life

Advertisement