Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

baby farts

• 02-11-2010 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭

my little fella is 11wks old now i am combination feeding him but have noticed that in the last 4-5wks he gets so upset when he needs to pass wind he is fine now with the burping after a feed but from the other end not so much, he gets very distressed and wails all i can do is pick him up and rub/pat his back and stomach
    the doctor doesnt seem too worried but i think it cant be right i have given him infocal has anyone else experienced this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭pah

edellc wrote: »
    my little fella is 11wks old now i am combination feeding him but have noticed that in the last 4-5wks he gets so upset when he needs to pass wind he is fine now with the burping after a feed but from the other end not so much, he gets very distressed and wails all i can do is pick him up and rub/pat his back and stomach
    the doctor doesnt seem too worried but i think it cant be right i have given him infocal has anyone else experienced this?

Sometimes, after I eat a hot curry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

Have you tried putting him on his belly? My younger fella farts for almost a minute solid sometimes if we put him on his belly after a feed. And gives us this big, satisfied grin.

Laying him on his back and bicycling his legs works sometimes too.

Also, do you know any yoga instructors? My wife's baby-and-mommy yoga teacher is an expert at getting the gas out.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Look for baby massage on YouTube. You're literally massaging the farts out . It stops bothering them once they're a little sturdier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

+1 for massage, yoga and bicycling. A bath before bedtime can help too - helps them stretch out and kick all the gas out. Burp more often during feeds too, it works wonders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

checked youtube and done a massage on him last nite hopefully it will help we have a bigger problem oral thrush grrrrrrrrrrr poor little thing doctor gave me gel hopefully it works soon the poor thing is crying his heart and soul out :-(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

That causes terrible gas too, yeast releases CO2.

Advertisement