Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laksa paste - where to buy?

Options
  • 02-11-2010 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

Hi all, did a search for this and a previous thread last year mentioned a shop in abbey street. Does anyone know of anywhere else I can get it, preferably not in centre of dublin? I work in south dublin, and have tried the blackrock market and a little asian shop in dun laoghaire..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

You could make it yourself quite easily. I usually get mine in Abbey st.

Ingredients:

6 dried small red chillies, deseeded
    2 teaspoons shrimp paste
    1 brown onion, chopped
    2 stalks lemongrass, trimmed, white part finely chopped
    3cm piece galangal, peeled, chopped
    5 candlenuts or brazil nuts
    2 garlic cloves, chopped
    1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
    1 tablespoon peanut oil

Place chillies in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 20 minutes or until soft. Drain well. Roughly chop.

Wrap shrimp paste in foil. Heat in a frying pan over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until roasted.

Process chillies, roasted shrimp paste and remaining ingredients until well combined. Store paste in a clean, airtight jar in the fridge for up to 6 months.

Advertisement