Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Moore, healer.

Options
  • 02-11-2010 2:43pm
    Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭

I'm posting this here, because I'm more than a little sceptical of this guy. I saw an ad for him in the paper this week, and he claims to help with, among other things, phobias, addiction, smoking, M.E., blood pressure and prostate (I wonder what he does with that?). I had never heard of the guy before, but he charges €85 for a healing session, Im not sure what that entails, details werent given.

Im not linking to his website simply because I dont want to advertise him. A search will find him handy enough. Has anyone heard of him? What are your thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Major Lovechild

He's just another scam artist.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4161/is_20010527/ai_n14530392/

He doesn't impress Wee Daniel.

Wo ist die Gemütlichkeit?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Are you sure he's a scammer?

I mean how can you tell? He seems as legit as any of the 'genuine' faith healers.

On a more serious note, how does one decide who's a scammer and who's genuine? Scientific tests don't seem to work and faith-healers of all shades have been taught or have come up with the line "There are some things that science can't explain". Well, if it can be measured, then it's science and if a person can reliably cure cancer, then that can be measured.
    The trouble is, nobody wants to submit themselves for scientific testing and the copouts can be hilarious - the scientist wasn't biased enough, the non-spiritual testing environment allow the getting of one's groove on, or simply that the tested healer was having an off-day.

Personally, I'd be convinced if someone could demonstrably cure aids in three people. By that I mean three people who were independently verified as having full-blown aids, receive the reiki or whatever as the exclusive treatment and then end up being independently verified as being without aids.

Of course, then healing would be science.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Donald Moore, who claims he can enlarge women's breasts by just looking at them, told the Irish Sunday Mirror last week that he has had healing sessions with Daniel.

Moore, who describes himself as a 'multi-level psychic healer', holds healing conferences around the country.

I think he's confused about what he enlarges when he looks at womens breasts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭hiorta

Are you sure he's a scammer?

I mean how can you tell? He seems as legit as any of the 'genuine' faith healers.

On a more serious note, how does one decide who's a scammer and who's genuine? Personally, I'd be convinced if someone could demonstrably cure aids in three people. By that I mean three people who were independently verified as having full-blown aids, receive the reiki or whatever as the exclusive treatment and then end up being independently verified as being without aids.

Of course, then healing would be science.

Quite simply - the answer is 'By their fruits you will know them'
    Yet paradoxically, the Healer cannot cure.

The Healer is merely a channel for a flow of energy, which many of us regard as sacred and of Divine origin, capable of operating at Soul level by delivering a boost (or boosts) of the Life Force to the afflicted person.
    The reponsibility for the outcome does not rest with the Channel, but the recipient.
    If the Soul of the recipient is 'ready', the healing will take place either very quickly or over a period - the 'miracle' type of outcome is very, very rare, although not unknown - once any adjustments have been accomplished.

'Faith' on the part of the recipient is neither required or necessary - can a baby or an animal have 'faith'?

The entire process is orderly and methodical - Cause & Effect - in other words and cannot be bought or bargained for. The Healer will do his/ her best at all times even for an individual they may feel antagonistic towards.
    Costs are for the individual to decide upon, perhaps recompense for travel or heating of premises, but should usually be reasonable.

I hope this might illumine a few misconceptions as to what Healing is, what it can and cannot do and why. The spiritual awareness of the individual goes a long way to assist the oft-accompanying 'knowing' that this wonderful energy brings with it.

hiorta wrote: »
    Quite simply - the answer is 'By their fruits you will know them'
    Yet paradoxically, the Healer cannot cure.

The Healer is merely a channel for a flow of energy, which many of us regard as sacred and of Divine origin, capable of operating at Soul level by delivering a boost (or boosts) of the Life Force to the afflicted person.
    The reponsibility for the outcome does not rest with the Channel, but the recipient.
    If the Soul of the recipient is 'ready', the healing will take place either very quickly or over a period - the 'miracle' type of outcome is very, very rare, although not unknown - once any adjustments have been accomplished.

'Faith' on the part of the recipient is neither required or necessary - can a baby or an animal have 'faith'?

The entire process is orderly and methodical - Cause & Effect - in other words and cannot be bought or bargained for. The Healer will do his/ her best at all times even for an individual they may feel antagonistic towards.
    Costs are for the individual to decide upon, perhaps recompense for travel or heating of premises, but should usually be reasonable.

I hope this might illumine a few misconceptions as to what Healing is, what it can and cannot do and why. The spiritual awareness of the individual goes a long way to assist the oft-accompanying 'knowing' that this wonderful energy brings with it.

But what does any of that actually mean? Define soul, divine, life force, channel, and healing as used in this context, then demonstrate to me how it happens. Proveably demonstrate.

And since faith isn't necessary, what is? Gullibility?

Stringing together a heap of new age phrases doesn't 'illumine' anything, it just sounds (to me anyway) like a load of jargon that essentially doesn't mean anything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭hiorta

Giselle, I have no intention of even trying to 'prove to you' what you question and may want to know - finding out is your own task.

New age Jargon? I've been a practising Spiritual Healer for over 30 years and I cannot agree there is anything 'new' about me at all, but I can hope though.

Like yourself I began my journey as a total sceptic, having long jettisoned Catholicism as junk in my very early teens (before this became fashionable and without any regrets whatsoever) and would look for the con in such matters.

(By the way, I have never charged a fee or ever accepted any expenses in all of that time.)

I cannot prove what I say and whether you keep an open mind - or not - is entirely a matter for yourself. But those folk who have derived benefit in some way know that there is 'something in it', which of course is of little use to yourself.
    This 'something' is easily reachable and is benign in essence - again, believe it or not.
    When the storms of Life are at the point of overwhelming you and all that you are, then that is the very point at which the Soul - the deep real you - can become activated. If this happens, Life very slowly begins to blossom in a new way that was, and is, always there but hidden from everyday sight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Giselle, I have no intention of even trying to 'prove to you' what you question and may want to know - finding out is your own task.

Well that's convenient
    New age Jargon? I've been a practising Spiritual Healer for over 30 years and I cannot agree there is anything 'new' about me at all, but I can hope though.

Like yourself I began my journey as a total sceptic, having long jettisoned Catholicism as junk in my very early teens (before this became fashionable and without any regrets whatsoever) and would look for the con in such matters.

Yes you're often critical of organised religion, yet you appear to have no problems believing some just as outrageous stuff for which you have no evidence.
    I cannot prove what I say and whether you keep an open mind - or not - is entirely a matter for yourself. But those folk who have derived benefit in some way know that there is 'something in it', which of course is of little use to yourself.

Why can you not prove what you say? Do your 'healings' cause any kind of change in the physical world? If so then surely they can be tested?
    This 'something' is easily reachable and is benign in essence - again, believe it or not.
    When the storms of Life are at the point of overwhelming you and all that you are, then that is the very point at which the Soul - the deep real you - can become activated. If this happens, Life very slowly begins to blossom in a new way that was, and is, always there but hidden from everyday sight.

More hocus pocus new age gibberish. It's utterly meaningless.

hiorta what kind of maladies can you heal? Coughs and colds? Bruises? Infections? Cancers? Severed limbs?

Cheers

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Dave! I know hiorta has stepped in with an opinion here, but please dont turn this into a witch hunt of him/her. This thread is about Donald Moore.

Hiorta, I realise youre trying to put your viewpoint across, but I need to ask you too, to keep to the topic of the thread. Its being derailed right now.

(By the way, I have never charged a fee or ever accepted any expenses in all of that time.)

The fact that you've been offering the indefinable and unutterable for the unproveable benefit of the unskeptical for 30 years, does not offer any enlightenment to me in the case of Donald Moore (or anyone else).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Has anyone heard of him?

I haven't.

What are your thoughts?

Maybe the whole healing thing causes some form of placebo affect - I have no idea. One thing I can tell you is you wont find any answers in here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

though going by major lovechilds link, he does indeed seem to be a bit of a scam artist obviously out for the publicity - henceforth i withdraw my 'you wont learn anything here' line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

If there is something in it it should be relatively easy to demonstrate that there is something in it.

Saying you cannot but it does work just seems like you are kidding yourself. The placebo effect works, and it doesn't require you to do anything.

You should have the same standards as everyone else, and if you can't convince them then really it shouldn't convince you.

Wicknight, as mentioned above, this thread is about Donald Moore, not hiorta.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 backgarden

Hi m mother is dying from COPD...

She has been talking to this guy for the last few weeks,he says he is practising in marbella in Spain......?

He has asked her to go onto TV3 to help raise funds to go to mexico for a miracle cure this i find hard to believe.

She has been paying 65 euro per phone call she would have to deposit this in his account prior to phone call.(only found out this today)
    is this for real,does he exist and he states he is originally from LANDEN RD ballyfermot dublin 10.

he said he was bedridden sick for 19 years and said he has cures for cancer etc

can somebody please fill me in on this so called MIRACLE WORKER thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

"Dr" Don exists alright. He's had his fingers in many pies over the years. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    "Dr" Don exists alright. He's had his fingers in many pies over the years. ;)

whats this guy all about then?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

backgarden wrote: »

She has been talking to this guy for the last few weeks,he says he is practising in marbella in Spain......?

He has asked her to go onto TV3 to help raise funds to go to mexico for a miracle cure this i find hard to believe.

She has been paying 65 euro per phone call she would have to deposit this in his account prior to phone call.(only found out this today)
    is this for real,does he exist and he states he is originally from LANDEN RD ballyfermot dublin 10.

Sorry to hear about your mother :( But I fear this sham isn't going to improve your situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

jimmynokia wrote: »
    whats this guy all about then?

He was involved in the pirate radio scene in Dublin up until the 80's. Also owed the francise for an electronics store back then.

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    He was involved in the pirate radio scene in Dublin up until the 80's. Also owed the francise for an electronics store back then.
    so he is a steer clear merchant so...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 backgarden

here is what i found from the advertisement authority
    Bulletin 10/4
    Batch No. 195
    Ref 13663
    Product Health & Beauty
    Advertiser Donald Moore Healing
    Agency
    Medium Press
    Complaint
    Advertisement:
    A press advertisement for Donald Moore – Multi Level Psychic, Healer & Mind/Body Therapist stated “A powerful energy over the phone” and featured a photograph of him. Beneath the photo it stated “All Illnesses: Arthritis, Depression, I.B.S, ME, addictions, life out of control, stop smoking, weight loss, heart disease, trauma, skin complaints & allergies, confidence, anorexia, cancers, emotional upset, phobias, anxiety, sexual problems & animal illnesses etc..” It also stated “special interest in sick babies for a whole new world, health & happiness…”

Complaint:
    The complainant, a medical practitioner, considered the advertisement misleading and expressed grave concern about the claim purporting to help “sick babies”.

The Secretariat of the ASAI invited the advertiser’s comments on the Sections of the Code pertaining to Health and Beauty claims and also Slimming claims.
    2006 Code
    8.1 8.5 8.6

2002 Code

Response
    The advertiser responded stating that he would amend the advertisement. He submitted a copy of this advertisement which continued to refer to medical conditions such as “Arthritis, depression, addictions, phobias, weight control, vertigo, IBS, self harm, blood pressure, tinnitus.”

The advertiser did not address the issue raised by the Secretariat in relation to Health and Beauty claims as well as Slimming claims.
    Conclusion
    Complaint Upheld.

The Complaints Committee considered the detail of the complaint and the advertisers’ response. The Committee considered that the advertisement could discourage people and in particular parents of children from seeking professional medical advice for serious medical conditions.

The Committee noted that the advertisement referred to a number of serious and prolonged ailments and to conditions which required the attention of appropriately qualified practitioners. It also considered that references to “powerful energy” and “healing” implied that the advertisers was offering treatment for these aliments and conditions. The Committee considered that in this respect the advertisement breached Sections 8.5 and 8.6(d) of the ASAI Code.

They also noted that the treatment was offered by phone. The Committee considered this breached Section 8.6(a) of the ASAI Code.

In addition, the Committee noted that the advertisement referred to “stop smoking” and “weight loss” in a manner which breached 8.9, 8.13 and 9.1 of the ASAI Code.

The advertisement must not reappear again in its current format.

• Advertisement

I've also sent complaints about his ads. He has made more outrageous claims since that judgement but I don't know if he has done so recently.

here is what i found from the advertisement authority
    Bulletin 10/4
    Batch No. 195
    Ref 13663
    Product Health & Beauty
    Advertiser Donald Moore Healing
    Agency
    Medium Press
    Complaint
    Advertisement:
    A press advertisement for Donald Moore – Multi Level Psychic, Healer & Mind/Body Therapist stated “A powerful energy over the phone” and featured a photograph of him. Beneath the photo it stated “All Illnesses: Arthritis, Depression, I.B.S, ME, addictions, life out of control, stop smoking, weight loss, heart disease, trauma, skin complaints & allergies, confidence, anorexia, cancers, emotional upset, phobias, anxiety, sexual problems & animal illnesses etc..” It also stated “special interest in sick babies for a whole new world, health & happiness…”

Complaint:
    The complainant, a medical practitioner, considered the advertisement misleading and expressed grave concern about the claim purporting to help “sick babies”.

The Secretariat of the ASAI invited the advertiser’s comments on the Sections of the Code pertaining to Health and Beauty claims and also Slimming claims.
    2006 Code
    8.1 8.5 8.6

2002 Code

Response
    The advertiser responded stating that he would amend the advertisement. He submitted a copy of this advertisement which continued to refer to medical conditions such as “Arthritis, depression, addictions, phobias, weight control, vertigo, IBS, self harm, blood pressure, tinnitus.”

The advertiser did not address the issue raised by the Secretariat in relation to Health and Beauty claims as well as Slimming claims.
    Conclusion
    Complaint Upheld.

The Complaints Committee considered the detail of the complaint and the advertisers’ response. The Committee considered that the advertisement could discourage people and in particular parents of children from seeking professional medical advice for serious medical conditions.

The Committee noted that the advertisement referred to a number of serious and prolonged ailments and to conditions which required the attention of appropriately qualified practitioners. It also considered that references to “powerful energy” and “healing” implied that the advertisers was offering treatment for these aliments and conditions. The Committee considered that in this respect the advertisement breached Sections 8.5 and 8.6(d) of the ASAI Code.

They also noted that the treatment was offered by phone. The Committee considered this breached Section 8.6(a) of the ASAI Code.

In addition, the Committee noted that the advertisement referred to “stop smoking” and “weight loss” in a manner which breached 8.9, 8.13 and 9.1 of the ASAI Code.

The advertisement must not reappear again in its current format.
    just been looking into this that ad is STILL there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭MapForJ

conman
    edit see its up. You can also report him to the consumer people, they may be able to act

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭easychair

Oryx wrote: »
    I've also sent complaints about his ads. He has made more outrageous claims since that judgement but I don't know if he has done so recently.

Surely all these sorts of people make outrageous claims. It's said the capitalist system works because a fool and his money is easily parted. If one person wants to spend their money on what appears to the majority as tomfoolery, then thats their choice. Many people spend billions on homoeopathy every year, which is just as cynical and bogus as this man.

thats well and good but when a guy like this targets old vulnerable people its different

thats well and good but when a guy like this targets old vulnerable people its different

How is that different from a homoeopathic company targetting "old vunerable people", or Guinness targetting "old vulnerable people" and so on?

this guy is a known conman and if you think its ok for the likes of him to prey on old people your sad!

this guy is a known conman and if you think its ok for the likes of him to prey on old people your sad!

What a curious response. If indeed anyone thinks its ok for a conman to prey on old vulnerable people, why you should think that means they must be sad, or happy, seems uncertain.

I don't think its ok for anyone, whether a conman or not, to prey on anyone, whether they are old or young, vulnerable or not vulnerable.

You claimed it was "different from homoeopathic companies and I asked how it was different. To respond by calling me names is not really very mature.

your making no sense here as well as the Tubridy thread i suggest you do research on a topic before you continue to make incoherent replys

• Advertisement

your making no sense here as well as the Tubridy thread i suggest you do research on a topic before you continue to make incoherent replys

Thanks for your unasked for advice! I've often noticed in life that those who offer unasked for advice are rarely those others seek out for advice.

How you know what research I have done, or not, on this topic, seems uncertain.

If you want to make a claim "thats well and good but when a guy like this targets old vulnerable people its different" and then call me names because you are asked why that is different, then that's your perogative, and the rest of us can draw our own conclusions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement