Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When do you just give up???

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Skadi

Thank you so much for the good wishes. i really hope this is our time but how do you cope with the stress of each day.

Due mid oct.

Carolinespring. My situation is different to yours but in some way similiar. I spent 10+ yrs trying to get pregnant. I had a few early miscarriages and then went on to lose my son at around 22 wks (stillbirth). I am currently nearly 28 wks pregnant and having the same major problem as I had on my pregnancy last time.

Every day is really hard. Once I had my first scan I relaxed for a while until problems starting happening a few weeks later. All you can do is take one day at a time and try to relax by taking your mind off things. In a way I have been lucky as I have had so many scans and can always see that the baby is doing fine, even if I am not. I'm having a hard time now as DH is getting excited about the baby coming and I am still having difficulty believing that everything will be okay. In a way I want the baby to be delivered early but it would be really hard to come home again from the hospital without a baby. Every week is a milestone. I had a scare at 24 wks and had to take a week off work just to relax and pull myself together again. It's hard when everything seems to be out of your control.

I told very few people at the begining, only those people I was close to. I didn't tell my parents till I was nearly 12 wks and it was only because I needed some info from my dad about health problems he had. I finally picked up the courage when I was 23 wks. Partially because I had just found out that my SIL was pregnant and so I told my MIL that she could tell the others and then said the same to my mother. A few days after that problems started occuring again and I wished I had never told.

I am hoping that it will be easier if you were having your second child. At least then you would know that everything worked out fine. But when it's your first it is really hard.

Best of luck with your pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Hello again.

I just wanted to update and let you all know that we had a scan last week and everything looks fine with the baba. Doctor says all is going fine. Vary stresses and in bad form, also not helped by the fact that my elderly mum is having a op this week and I have to go to my uncles funeral in the UK.

Just want the next couple of months over. We are not telling anyone (even family) until we are sure all will be ok. Had to buy a few bits of clothes as my trousers are very tight but didnt buy any maternity (didnt want to just in case) still no bump just looks like I have gained weight on my tummy and face. Not sick at all but now tired in the evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Empire line dresses are great and can be worn at any time. Good luck to you and baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

Best of luck caroline to you and your hubby. Hope your mum gets over her op ok and the funeral and travelling arent too much for you. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

We lost the baby early last week. I suppose it just was not to be. Dont know how I feel or even how I shoud fee. To be honest I dont think I ever believed that I would end up aith a baby at the end. Anyhow, we are coping and will find a way to move on yet again.

C xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

There are no words. So, so sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

My deepest deepest condolences to you and your husband, I really don't know what else to say, you are in my thoughts x

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭chirogirl

Hi, Just reading this thread, I'm very sorry to hear your news. Don't give up!

I was in hospital recently and the lady in the bed beside me was teling me of her experience. She'd had 8 miscarriages at various stages of the pregnancy, even in the 2nd / 3rd trimesters. She's currently expecting and was admitted in till the baby arrives in October. Sounds extreme but the Drs weren't taking any chances this time.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

CarolineSpring - I am so so sorry for your loss. My deepest condolences to you and your husband. You are such a strong person, this shines through on your posts, and you have been through so much.

There are no words.

(((Massive hugs)))

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

I'm so so sorry for your loss. I wish you strength and courage for the coming months. Take care.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Caroline, thinking of you and your husband. Take care of yourselves.xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I am so sorry for your loss Caroline. I know it probably doesn't help much, I can only imagine what ye are going through but you and your partner are in my thoughts. Such a strong and loving couple as yourselves deserve to be happy, whatever that entails. I really truly hope that one day you get the family that you so want and deserve. xxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

I am so sorry for your loss Caroline. I also lost a baby almost three weeks ago. (Just a few days before you I think). It was my first. I can't imagine what it must be like to go through that again and again.

I hope you are ok and being gentle to yourself. x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Caroline & dolliemix, I am so terribly sorry to you both for your loss.

Its so unfair, people that have so much love to give a baby being tested with the pain of these losses. I hope your pain eases in time x

Advertisement