Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spurs v Inter Setanta Ireland & Sky Sports 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

So is Maicon the best right-back in the world? Bale owned him twice.
    He's been in a strop since Maureen did'nt take him to Madrid with him. Needs dropping and a kick up the arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

KeithAFC wrote: »
    He played in the invincibles. Bale is no match for any invincible.
    Didn't he bottle it and quit arsenal?

Not much of an invincible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Call of the night fans singin "Taxi for Maicon"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Mister men wrote: »
    If a big bid is put in 25m+ he'll be gone. Unlucky for Spurs Bale is'nt English as you could double that price.

You are wrong. Chairmen don't sell their best players for what they are worth......you sell them for much more. If a bid of 25m came in it would be rejected.

Spurs are spending money on players to establish themselves in the top 4 and part of the champions league. They would only sell bale if an astronmical bid came in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

He's been in a strop since Maureen did'nt take him to Madrid with him. Needs dropping and a kick up the arse.

True, he's been shocking all year and this won't help him one bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Didn't he bottle it and quit arsenal?

Not much of an invincible.
    Nope. Wasn't good enough anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

BERBA wrote: »
    you never saw that coming Al , dont say i told you so

You ever hear the expression 'even a stopped clock is right twice a day'. I think that's quite apt in this instance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Kirby wrote: »
    You are wrong. Chairmen don't sell their best players for what they are worth......you sell them for much more. If a bid of 25m came in it would be rejected.

Spurs are spending money on players to establish themselves in the top 4 and part of the champions league. They would only sell bale if an astronmical bid came in.

Bale is simply on a good run of form, lets see him do it for a couple of seasons and he'll demand a big transfer fee. Let's not forget Spurs where on the verge of loaning him out to Notts Forest a while back i'm sure they'll bite City's or Chelseas hand off for 25m in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Bale is simply on a good run of form, lets see him do it for a couple of seasons and he'll demand a big transfer fee. Let's not forget Spurs where on the verge of loaning him out to Notts Forest a while back i'm sure they'll bite City's or Chelseas hand off for 25m in January.

Eh, Bale hasn't just had a great start to this season, he was brilliant last season as well. At one stage earlier in the season, Bale either scored or set up something like 17 of Spurs' last 19 goals. He is beyond a good run of form at this stage. 25 million, you're having a larf!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Shut up. Just shut up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

There's no way they'd take a 25m bid. The way he's playing at the moment, he's worth far more.

And we're not selling him...so **** off :P

I will tell my grandchildren what Gareth Bale did tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Steady on, he's had a good start to the season nothing more.
    Think it's pretty clear that this kid is the real deal. He finished last season off in excellent form as well. He's just so direct and pacy and must be one of the fittest players in the league. Barring injury he'll be player of the year this season I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Mr Alan wrote: »
    You ever hear the expression 'even a stopped clock is right twice a day'. I think that's quite apt in this instance.

Levy should go all out now for a non cup tied world class striker in Jan for the knockout stages...mmmmm any of those available? certain spaniard maybe? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Harry Redknapp would walk away if Levy did that, I certainly would

He's been excellent since being moved to LW last season and his performance are getting better and better and he destroyed Maicon in 2 UCL matches now. Some are even starting to slate Maicon to detract Bale's performances.

• Advertisement

Mr. Alan, dont respond to him, please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Fair play Spurs.

Fantastic game, credit to both teams.

Cambiasso was a massive loss, integral to Inter but no more of that, doesn't do justice to Spurs.

Whatever else about Rafa, he is an excellent coach at a European level, so fair play Harry!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Respond, Mr Alan. If you don't it means he's won this internet argument.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Pighead wrote: »
    Think it's pretty clear that this kid is the real deal. He finished last season off in excellent form as well. He's just so direct and pacy and must be one of the fittest players in the league. Barring injury he'll be player of the year this season I reckon.

I don't think he will, team of the season maybe though.

L'prof wrote: »
    I don't think he will, team of the season maybe though.
    If he keeps fit this season he may well win it. None of the big names have got going yet, with Rooney, Gerrard, Torres, Lampard, Drogba, Fabregas all either average or injured. Bale or Tevez I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Respond, Mr Alan. If you don't it means he's won this internet argument.

I miss you Pighead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

If he keeps fit this season he may well win it. None of the big names have got going yet, with Rooney, Gerrard, Torres, Lampard, Drogba, Fabregas all either average or injured. Bale or Tevez I reckon.

Malouda may be a serious contender by season's end too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Dempsey wrote: »
    Harry Redknapp would walk away if Levy did that, I certainly would

Not if there was 5% in it for him. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

25 million? No chance. Spurs are hardly short on money, Levy seems more than willing to cough up when Harry wants a player.
    Plus, the idea of him going in january is ridiculous. The only teams who could afford him, wouldn't pay what he is worth in january, as he would be cup-tied in the champions league. At the very least, hes at spurs for the season.
    Can see him leaving if he has any sense,would be a poor career move. Spurs are a team on the up- vdv and modric are top draw players, and if dawson and defoe get back to fitness and their best , and they get a decent right back and a new striker, they certainly have a team capable of winning the league.

Less than 30% into the season, there's a long long way to go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

25 million? No chance. Spurs are hardly short on money, Levy seems more than willing to cough up when Harry wants a player.
    Plus, the idea of him going in january is ridiculous. The only teams who could afford him, wouldn't pay what he is worth in january, as he would be cup-tied in the champions league. At the very least, hes at spurs for the season.
    Can see him leaving if he has any sense,would be a poor career move. Spurs are a team on the up- vdv and modric are top draw players, and if dawson and defoe get back to fitness and their best , and they get a decent right back and a new striker, they certainly have a team capable of winning the league.

Don't get ahead of yourself there, if spurs stay in the top 4 this year it will be a major achievement, you lot are only 3 points ahead of Liverpool

niallo27 wrote: »
    Don't get ahead of yourself there, if spurs stay in the top 4 this year it will be a major achievement, you lot are only 3 points ahead of Liverpool

i think man city and everton are the dangers tbh , pool arent good enough to get 4th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

i think man city and everton are the dangers tbh , pool arent good enough to get 4th

We've been promised signings in January.
    The right ones brought in, and a new manager perhaps, and you never know.

We've been promised signings in January.
    The right ones brought in, and a new manager perhaps, and you never know.

fair point above, but id be worried about losing players in Jan if i were a pool fan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

fair point above, but id be worried about losing players in Jan if i were a pool fan

Bale

meh, no bother to phil neville..;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Harry deserves huge credit, and for the form of Bale, hes like Fergie how he gets the best out of players. What a job he is doing!! Playing gorgeous football aswell. Go on the yids!!

With spurs in the CL I can see them struggle in the league, anywhere from 4th to 8th, what basis do you consider everton a threat, they haven't being close in years

niallo27 wrote: »
    With spurs in the CL I can see them struggle in the league, anywhere from 4th to 8th, what basis do you consider everton a threat, they haven't being close in years

they've shot up the table recently and doing that without fellaini , osman and arteta , strong side. i'd be wary of them tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I can't see Bale wanting to walk as he comes across like a nice lad and someone who's not just out for the fattest pay packet he can muster. However if Spurs fail to qualify for the C.L. this season then it will be more challenging to keep the other clubs away. I reckon he will be at Spurs for a few more years though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Good job tonight spurs. Taught Rafa's inter a footballing lesson. Kudos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

they've shot up the table recently and doing that without fellaini , osman and arteta , strong side. i'd be wary of them tbh

and rodwell and anichebe ;)

Possibly but their squad is a bit thin, 4th is fairly wide open this season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

FAO: BERBA. Ye were savage tonight. That is all.

*runs crying into corner*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Wow - so delighted with that performance and result. It was well-deserved. As has been mentioned Bale is a beast, but I thought Modric was also excellent tonight. A lovely ball for the first goal, but that aside he got through a mountain of work in midfield. He makes tackles, closes down and when he gets the ball he is one of those players who look like they have all the time in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

BAE gets an awful lot of stick from Spurs fans but he's one of my favourites and I was delighted with him today he was excellent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

LOL at Barclay from the Times:
    Gareth Bale is the best player in the world (except Xavi, of course). And really pleasant human being. Can he remain so? Messi good example

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Wow - so delighted with that performance and result. It was well-deserved. As has been mentioned Bale is a beast, but I thought Modric was also excellent tonight. A lovely ball for the first goal, but that aside he got through a mountain of work in midfield. He makes tackles, closes down and when he gets the ball he is one of those players who look like they have all the time in the world.
    He was the one that set bale off for both goals last night. He is like a chess player. Does nt get many assists because he is the foundation of most of spurs attacks

K-9 wrote: »
    LOL at Barclay from the Times:

Waaaaaay over the top there, so much work to do before he even comes close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

He's Welsh isn't he? Must cut the English Jounos up!

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Jordonvito

Harry deserves huge credit, and for the form of Bale, hes like Fergie how he gets the best out of players. What a job he is doing!! Playing gorgeous football aswell. Go on the yids!!

Redknapp deserves credit for ye're be-e-a-utiful football, but I dont buy this crack about Redknapp getting the best out of players, Bale was out of the team until there was an injury, like pav and hutton too. It was fairly common knowledge that Bale was something special.

• Advertisement

Jordonvito wrote: »
    Redknapp deserves credit for ye're be-e-a-utiful football, but I dont buy this crack about Redknapp getting the best out of players, Bale was out of the team until there was an injury, like pav and hutton too. It was fairly common knowledge that Bale was something special.
    The problem with Bale was how do you play someone that hasn't won a game with the team when we're bottom and I think 6 points away from safety fter 8 games. Injury problems also played there part

The problem with Bale was how do you play someone that hasn't won a game with the team when we're bottom and I think 6 points away from safety fter 8 games. Injury problems also played there part

Im talking about last season when BAE was keeping him on the bench. Then BAE got injured. Wasn't so much Harry getting the best out of him, more Bale being picked because of injury probs. But Bale did have his injury problems too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

efb wrote: »
    He's Welsh isn't he? Must cut the English Jounos up!

Not according to Johnny Giles. He was saying he couldn't believe he wasn't in the England squad!:pac:

Ush1 wrote: »
    Not according to Johnny Giles. He was saying he couldn't believe he wasn't in the England squad!:pac:

And continued saying it for a good bit too!

If two teams end up on equal points come the end of the group stages how do they choose who gets first I was looking at it there and I found
    If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of the group matches, the following criteria are applied to determine the rankings (in descending order):
    a) higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question
    b) superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question
    c) higher number of goals scored away from home in the group matches played among the teams in question
    d) superior goal difference from all group matches played
    e) higher number of goals scored
    f) higher number of coefficient points accumulated by the club in question, as well as its association, over the previous five seasons
    However I remember two weeks ago against Inter when Bale scored his three they mentioned that if we ended level with Inter on points it would be decided on the matches between the two teams so in that case we would win 6-5?
    Just wondering who's misinformed UTV presenter or Wikipedia

Saw this on youtube

• Advertisement
Advertisement