Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call Of Duty:Black Ops Midnight Launch

Options
  • 02-11-2010 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Hello, thaught it would be handy to open this thread, give the list of places who are doin a midnight launch of this game. Sorry if its been posted before and sorry if its too soon, i for some reason thaught official launch was monday, but its tuesday, what a poor day for a release! DYING FOR IT!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

I believe several GAME stores across the country are doing it. I know for definite that the Liffey Valley Shopping Center will remain open from the cinema entrance to allow people in from midnight onwards.
    They're also opening early in the morning for the release too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Big Baby Jaysus

Saruwatari wrote: »
    I believe several GAME stores across the country are doing it. I know for definite that the Liffey Valley Shopping Center will remain open from the cinema entrance to allow people in from midnight onwards.
    sound, have mine booked in the local xtra vision, but i don't think they've ever had a midnight launch, there's a tesco not too far, might take a trip up there, im absolutly dyin for it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i have nothing booked, but am hoping to get it cheap in my local tesco in mallow monday night. failing that i will have to run up to gamestop and pay the higher price once they have it in stock.

i am unsure whether xtravision are opening at midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Every Gamestop in the country

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

xtra vision are doing a midnight launch. Check their website to see if your local one is doing it........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Saruwatari wrote: »

The cinema end remains open anyway... are you sure about this ?

the cinema end stays open til about 3 in the morning until all the staff get out and that but they block off everything after boots and nobody is allowed beyond that point unless your staff (and even then you need to give a good reason to go beyond).

HMV in Liffey Valley are not doing a midnight open ... hell i don't think we're even opening early at all for this but i'm not sure. open at 9 anyway)

but for those with a dying wish to buy from GAME and the likes remember Black ops is €5 cheaper in HMV than everywhere else.

I believe in HMV it is €48.99 but in game and the likes its €52.99 !

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Glenza69

sound, have mine booked in the local xtra vision, but i don't think they've ever had a midnight launch, there's a tesco not too far, might take a trip up there, im absolutly dyin for it now!

Xtra Vision DO midnight launches, same craic last year with modern warfare 2, at least in Dundalk anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

You can find out here.

Glenza69 wrote: »
    Xtra Vision DO midnight launches, same craic last year with modern warfare 2, at least in Dundalk anyways.
    MY LOCAL XTRA-VISION

You can find out here.
    sound man, see it already, have it booked and all! dyin for it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Glenza69

MY LOCAL XTRA-VISION

I assumed all the XV stores would be doing it, obviously I'm wrong:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

exioot wrote: »
    Every Gamestop in the country

Including Dungarvan? They have never had a midnight launch for anything before?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Including Dungarvan? They have never had a midnight launch for anything before?

Gamestop dungarvan (058)45641

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Game on Dawson Street are doing a midnight launch. Phoned me about it on Saturday said something about list of trade ins they accept against it and that if you buy another chart game black ops drops to 35 euros. They're opening at 8 on Tuesday morning as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 austins

playing it now

not many on line :<

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Game in Limerick are opening at 11:30

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

jonski wrote: »
    Game in Limerick are opening at 11:30

tonight? and which one?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,234 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

austins wrote: »
    playing it now

not many on line :<

There's over 70,000 people on right now.

If you meant on your friends list then yes. I only have 2 people playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    tonight? and which one?

Cruises St, the only one.

Gamestop on William St are as well, I dont know if any of the crescent stores are, doubt it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

krudler wrote: »

Gamestop on William St are as well, I dont know if any of the crescent stores are, doubt it tbh.

To head in early or not, hmm! Must find my pre-book receipt actually!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

they are

Are HMV? thats where I prebooked it, might take a wander down later I only live up the road from the crescent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Are HMV? thats where I prebooked it, might take a wander down later I only live up the road from the crescent

gs in the parkway is opening , (first time ever ) , i assume the cresent is as well as there is only one gamestop in ireland that is not doing a midnight launch.

dont know about hmv

hmmm, will take a wander down anyway, cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

GAME in Mahon Point, Cork are doing a midnight launch. Although with the weather down here at the moment, it hopefully shouldn't take too long to go in, pick it up and get it home :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Are HMV and Game in dundrum open at midnight? Also will the hardened edition be there having not pre booked it?

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭paranormal

prebooked a month ago in xtravision clane.they told me today they wont open tonight for the launch BUMMER .would av thought they would open for the biggest game of the year.will have to wait till the morning:(

• Registered Users Posts: 43 teg23

Gamestop in Longford are doing a midnight opening. Pre- booked 4 copies on PC for me and the lads. 3 hours 20 and counting! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭I-Shot-Jr

I dont have it booked or pre ordered unfortunately. I live in Dublin city centre so I can get to any city centre store, do you reckon you absolutely have to have it booked?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 JohnBroderick

I-Shot-Jr wrote: »
    I dont have it booked or pre ordered unfortunately. I live in Dublin city centre so I can get to any city centre store, do you reckon you absolutely have to have it booked?

No, there's no need to pre-book. in most big stores they expect to sell a lot of copies trust me they won't risk running out when there's such a demand.

All stores doing midnight release know the score form last year when MW2 came out
    Black-ops will sell more copies than MW2 I reckon.

P.S Game on Dawson street probably won't be as busy as other stores in the city
    All extra-vision stores are doing it too afaik

Advertisement