Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call Of Duty:Black Ops Midnight Launch

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Here is a list of Xtravsions around the country that are doing midnight release http://www.xtravision.ie/Games/CallofDutyMidnightOpening.aspx

Unfortunately none of them are convenient for me.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭desdman

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Are HMV and Game in dundrum open at midnight? Also will the hardened edition be there having not pre booked it?

Cheers

Game in Dundrum is open at midnight till 2am :D.Not sure about HMV or the hardened edition

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

There's people queing outside the gamestop in clarehall since 9. Seriously, i'm usually not one to say this but that's very, very sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭desdman

There's people queing outside the gamestop in clarehall since 9. Seriously, i'm usually not one to say this but that's very, very sad.

I know i just rang game in Dundrum and they said 30 people have been queing since 7.30.saaaaaaaddddddddddd!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Shammy wrote: »
    gs in the parkway is opening , (first time ever ) , i assume the cresent is as well as there is only one gamestop in ireland that is not doing a midnight launch.

dont know about hmv

HMV aren't (well, not in Limerick city centre anyway).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Atominist

I'm going to Gamestop Castlebar to get my preoder @11:50, hope it will be open @12:00 as I don't have a car tomorrow.

Wonder if the mugging figures go up this month :)

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

Does anyone know if HMV in Swords is open at midnight??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭Jofspring

desdman wrote: »
    I know i just rang game in Dundrum and they said 30 people have been queing since 7.30.saaaaaaaddddddddddd!!!!!

Pretty sad alright. Everyone that goes into the stores tonight will get the game. Can't see thousands of people going out and getting it tonight. If you arrive in at 12 you will get the game. Being there 3 or 4 hours beforehand won't get you it much quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

It will be cheaper in Tescos next door:D

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭THEFRIDGE

Has anyone got confirmation on game liffey valley opening tonight. I have copy booked and wouldst mind getting it tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

It will be cheaper in Tescos next door:D

That's where i plan to go at 1!

Beat the ques, and last year they had loads of copies. If they run out, oh well i'll get it later in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,582 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

THEFRIDGE wrote: »
    Has anyone got confirmation on game liffey valley opening tonight. I have copy booked and wouldst mind getting it tonight.

Yes friend is picking up Prestige edition it is opening at 12.01 to 12.15 so get your skates on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Even bigger queue in mahon point tonight than for fifa 11!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Number 1 in the que in santry, huzzah for tshirts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

queue is moving inside now and copies are already being sold. I.ll be back blowing **** up sooner than expected!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Just back from the Bray Smyths launch. Strolled in at 12.15, 2 people in a queue, both paid €54.99, I walked up and said, "Hi, Xbox please, and I got a txt saying it was €47.99?" Girl says "Its €45.99". Got change from my 50 and left. Drove past Gamestop where there were around 30 people queueing out the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭okla

Just back from Smyths Airside.
    Must have been about 80 people queueing on a cold miserable night.
    Installing now and kettle on.
    Long night ahead :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Meleftone

Just back from Tesco in Maynooth no queue as I was leaving, paid €43.95

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Tesco in Dundrum,strolled in same price as above.
    Apparantly, downstairs in Game it was manic. Although i didn't bother looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I had the hardened edition booked in hmv in limerick who didnt open, good thing I did, took a wander down to gamestop near me, sold out there, and in bothe the gamestop in town and game, all prebooked, I'll just get it in the morning, booo! I couldve just woke up and played it now I gotta go out in the rain and get it, bah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 teg23

Just back from Gamestop - installing now...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

Massive queue at Game in galway, so didnt bother standing in the rain and drove down to xtra-vision, strolled in and bought it!

It begins.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

I saw CoD:BO on Steam for 60eur. I thought, "I'd like to buy it but that's a bit steep."

And lo I spot this thread on boards at 00:52 or so, get to Game at around 1, queue for 35 minutes or so, and pick it up for 45 euro.

I'm not installing it now though. I need to sleep and if I start installing and playing, thats not going to happen.

So, thanks boards, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭sockpuppets

just back from tesco maynooth. they have loads, nobody there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Tesco celbridge small q.But dont care 43 quid cant go wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭cantgetright

xtravision in clondalkin shut door at 12-40 and wouldnt let anyone else in.
    Hate that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Queued for an hour in Game in Cork, didn't even need to pre-book in the end.

Advertisement