Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hazel hotel closed

Options
  • 02-11-2010 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭

hazel hotel in monasterevin closed down as from today,it just closed over night and a lot of people have there weddings booked for next year and most have paid large deposits.not a great hotel at all but sad to see it go.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

http://www.examiner.ie/breakingnews/business/landmark-kildare-hotel-goes-into-liquidation-480136.html

Yeah, I haven't been there in years but remember going to it a good few times as a kid for various functions. Balls.

The article refers to it as a 'landmark' hotel. I assume they literally mean it was used as a landmark i.e. 'keep on driving until you see the hazel hotel, then turn left'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

That's the end of the line for country music!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

well fcuk it, another bad debt for me to write-off......how is anybody supposed to survive in business with companies going to the wall every week :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

well fcuk it, another bad debt for me to write-off......how is anybody supposed to survive in business with companies going to the wall every week :mad:
    sorry to hear you got stung a lot of people did i think.there was a good few weddings booked there for next year so a lot of deposits gone.i know 2 people who were due to get married there one in january and one in febuary:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Apparently the Talbot Hotel Group are going to honour the wedding bookings ..

I was in it a few times this year passing through Monasterevin, and it was very quiet.. I didnt think it was sustainable as a business on the basis of my visits ...

It's kind of worrying really, wonder where it's gonna end...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I have sympathy for those who may have booked their functions there - but let's be honest...the Hazel Hotel was going downhill for the past several years - the M7 bypass of Monasterevin took a lot of its trade away and the place was becoming to resemble a dump.

I took some friends who were over visiting from the USA for a coffee there about 2 years ago and was frankly appalled at the state of the place.

Looks like the recession finally killed it off - but the writing was on the wall for the Hazel for quite some time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Vinny-Chase

Not surprised. Was looking at it when we were shopping around for wedding venues and they were living in the past (price wise) along with the decor. Their prices could not compete with other venues we were looking at!

Seen Tommy Tiernan there a few weeks ago and it was full. Must have been around 600 people there. Should have went that route instead of Crystal Swing and the ilk.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Jeez, only passed this place over the weekend and noticed it was all closed up, I had not heard it went into liquidation. Used to pass it daily on my home on the bad old days of traffic jams. Its astonishing the amount of hotels in this area going into Liquidation/Receivership along with Various golf courses. Will there be any hotels left in the Kildare/Laois area come 2011?

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Advertisement