Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with online moving house system

Options
  • 02-11-2010 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭

Hi

I've just moved house, and tried to use the online system for changing account details. However, it looked for a four-digit meter number for the old address which I don't have (I only have the MPRN from a bill). I rang 1850 372 372 and the girl there said that the account at the old address has already been closed (by the letting agent I presume), so I should only need to enter the details of the new address / MPRN / metre readings. But I can't seem to bypass the 'old account details' part of the online system.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi StudentC,

If you PM me your old MPRN I will be able to get you the four-digit serial number from the meter (see here for where this ESB meter number is normally located).

The online registration process should then run smoothly.

Thanks,

David.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭StudentC

Just a thumbs up for ESB CS: David - sorted my problem promptly and efficiently.

Advertisement