Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC late payment fee

Options
  • 02-11-2010 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭

Hi,

I recently cancelled my account with UPC. Being well aware of their awful reputation for customer service and procedures, I cancelled my DD there and then aswell for fear I would be overcharged (I do this with any of these service providers where I am cancelling).

Anyway, I got the final bill, paid it by cheque (obviously later than they were happy with) and have since got the late payment invoice for €10.

Also, I am waiting some six weeks on them to collect the box which they told me to hold for them, I was onto them once since to remind them of this.

I think I should charge them for storage in this case and they can certainly whistle for their tenner.

What do people think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

if your over 30 days late paying a bill there is a late payment fee..your the one who choose to cancel the dd and pay by cheque.there obviously has to be some way for them to encourage people to pay relatively on time.

the equipment is collected by a collection agency in your area..if your unhappy with the time it takes give them a call and theyl give your the collectors mobile number.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Formosa

the equipment is collected by a collection agency in your area..if your unhappy with the time it takes give them a call and theyl give your the collectors mobile number.

Not my problem, it can go in the bin if they cant be bothered to get it themselves without me spending time calling them.

but youl be then charged 150 euro for the unreturned equipment charge
    if you canceld sky they dont remove any of their equpment as you own while upc still own the box etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

but youl be then charged 150 euro for the unreturned equipment charge
    if you canceld sky they dont remove any of their equpment as you own while upc still own the box etc

Now I remember. Used be with the them under another name, only ever was trouble. Sky, I've had a cancellation and a re-installation and old gear was left behind.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Formosa wrote: »
    Not my problem, it can go in the bin if they cant be bothered to get it themselves without me spending time calling them.

It is your problem if they charge you, if they charge you you'll be on here complaining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Formosa

Cabaal wrote: »
    It is your problem if they charge you, if they charge you you'll be on here complaining.

So I am obliged to store it for them for weeks or months until they decide they want to collect it, yet they can charge me for paying them a week late?

Don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

So I am obliged to store it for them for weeks or months until they decide they want to collect it, yet they can charge me for paying them a week late?

Don't think so.

Thats the contract you signed.

Don't think so.

Its in the contract you agreed too and the late payment fee is for bill over 30 days late from past experiences!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,666 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Hi,

I recently cancelled my account with UPC. Being well aware of their awful reputation for customer service and procedures, I cancelled my DD there and then aswell for fear I would be overcharged (I do this with any of these service providers where I am cancelling).

Anyway, I got the final bill, paid it by cheque (obviously later than they were happy with) and have since got the late payment invoice for €10.

Also, I am waiting some six weeks on them to collect the box which they told me to hold for them, I was onto them once since to remind them of this.

I think I should charge them for storage in this case and they can certainly whistle for their tenner.

What do people think?

I sent them an email once, demanding a storage fee, if the equipment was not collected with 24hrs, this 3/4 months after I had finished with them, they were collected the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

I sent them an email once, demanding a storage fee, if the equipment was not collected with 24hrs, this 3/4 months after I had finished with them, they were collected the next day.

I still have a box somewhere! Cancelled my contract with Irish MultiChannel/Chorus/UPC 9 years ago :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Agent_99 wrote: »
    I still have a box somewhere! Cancelled my contract with Irish MultiChannel/Chorus/UPC 9 years ago :rolleyes:
    Invoice them with storage of it, at a rate of 5 cents a day :D

Advertisement