Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DELL Vostro 1500 laptop. Wireless not "seeing" any networks.

• 02-11-2010 4:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭

Dell Vostro 1500 laptop. Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2.

I have just switched from Eircom to UPC broadband. Two of my computers and my iPhone all saw the new wireless signal (UPC) immediately.

However, my Dell laptop, which was working perfectly this morning, is not seeing any network - not even my neighbour's Vodafone signal which it usually does.

The wi-fi light on the laptop is lit up.

I've clicked on Refresh Networks a number of times to no avail.

How can I make it "see" the available networks again?

Thanks.

D.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Is there a physical switch near the top of the keyboard or on the side of the case that switches the wifi on/off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Kinetic,

You da man! :D

On the left hand edge of the laptop is a switch that you can slide but not engage (it slips back to its original position).

However, when I slid it a window called Wi-fi Catcher opened. (I've never seen that before.) When I highlighted my signal, a totally different window opened and I was able to connect.

But, right clicking on in the system tray and selecting View Available Networks still shows a blank screen. Very, very odd.

Anyway, I'm connected.

Thanks. :)

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

No problem, PM your address so I can send the invoice :D

Advertisement