Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

is this a good price

• 02-11-2010 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

was looking at the planet x website there and found that the sram red deal is over on the sl frame now but they are doing a sram rivel deal for 1,163 euro,but when i put the bike into the basket,i can now upgrade the bike.you can change the wheels to fulcrum 3's,the chainset to an fsa slk carbon megaexo,the front and rear mech can also be changed to sram force,and the shifters to sram red..with all the changes i can have it shipped for 1,612 euro.what do you's think?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭fran oconnor

sorry,could this be moved started thread in the wrong forum opps:(

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,702 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

sorry,could this be moved started thread in the wrong forum opps:(
    Moved from cycling adverts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,143 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

was looking at the planet x website there and found that the sram red deal is over on the sl frame now but they are doing a sram rivel deal for 1,163 euro,but when i put the bike into the basket,i can now upgrade the bike.you can change the wheels to fulcrum 3's,the chainset to an fsa slk carbon megaexo,the front and rear mech can also be changed to sram force,and the shifters to sram red..with all the changes i can have it shipped for 1,612 euro.what do you's think?.

That's 40% more money. Those upgrades will not make the bike 40% better. Maybe 5% better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Lumen wrote: »
    That's 40% more money. Those upgrades will not make the bike 40% better. Maybe 5% better.

But are they 40% shinier?

I'd better shut up or I'll be eating my hat/helmet when I start asking if I'm an idiot for even considering one of the HTC bikes :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,143 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Idleater wrote: »
    But are they 40% shinier?

I'd better shut up or I'll be eating my hat/helmet when I start asking if I'm an idiot for even considering one of the HTC bikes :o

That HTC gear looks good. I have a Scott Addict, it's very nice (if a bit ugly).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Lumen wrote: »
    That HTC gear looks good. I have a Scott Addict, it's very nice (if a bit ugly).

I was going to PM you for advice on that...

And I think the result of this thread is generally true to form : 1x bog standard px > 1 upgraded px > should I buy a cast off pro bike when I've barely started winter training...

Advertisement